Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXII-30,360 in ROI(1,781 deaths) 8,035 in NI (568 deaths)(10/09)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭MOR316

Don't mean this in a bad, "Oh pity me" kind of way but, I never get visitors so it doesn't affect me...

However, I'd love to know how they came up with those figures for "recommendations" :D Seems like they were pulled out of their arse.
    If you don't want to spread it, don't go to people's homes. Simple!

Still just 6 people in ICU. How long is this lag ?

Seems very long lag?

Maybe the most susceptible have died (RIP) and this will continue to kill in small numbers as does flu?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

You have a cold, went through our house about 2 weeks ago. Chatting to a pharmacist yesterday and they said it's very common at the moment. Probably worth bouncing it off your employer, they probably don't want you passing the cold around as it'll trigger a few.

Yes agree, did cough once or twice during day but more regular coughing in last hour or so.

Going by Covid app guidelines will have to ring the doctor in the morning (taking day off)

Don't know if I can take 2 weeks isolation but better to go by the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They'll be lucky if the wheels are still on the ambulances tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I know we've been talking about Cork doing well, looks like there's foreign interference for that! :pac:

Xi Jinping launches video promoting Cork tourism to 1.4 billion Chinese people

I can't see too many Chinese tourists in the current climate, I thought there were more than 23 towns.

• Advertisement

NPHET to recommend to government that in Dublin there be a reduction in the numbers of visitors to peoples homes from different houses.

Reported that the recommendation is to stay at 6 but from no more than 2 households instead of 3, for a period of 3 weeks.

Tighter restrictions on residential settings also to be recommended

Remember there just asks, there's no law under pinning them, they were pulled up on this type of crap yesterday, an abuse of power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Testing Lab manager: "What's in those test tubes?"

Technician : "Cultures boss"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭amadangomor

inthenip wrote: »
    Go home to feck and stop been a selfish prick. Is the reason your staying is because you don't get sick pay?

Fair enough :) I did go home and am following the guidelines and self isolating as I have a cough now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Remember there just asks, there's no law under pinning them, they were pulled up on this type of crap yesterday, an abuse of power.

And something easy for people to do to lower the numbers. Simple stuff so no excuses for not doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Maybe I picked it up wrong but I just got the impression that you were relishing in the fact based on the tone of previous posts mentioning high case numbers in Dublin.

Dublin’s numbers are way too high. If Dublin had low numbers, we wouldn’t be reporting 170 cases a day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭skinny90

196 cases. 107 Dublin. 11 Limerick. 12 Waterford. 7 Kildare.

is it just me or has Micheál seemed to shy away from the general public when it comes to addressing this pandemic vs Leo...

hate him or love him but Leo appeared to be quite proactive in his announcements and appeared to show leadership even if nphet are making the recommendations.

Micheál on the otherhand seems reluctant to show leadership

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Back in early December I had a bad dose of something and it really knocked the bejayus out of me.

Now this might be a load of horse**** but bare with me,

I train a lot and keep logs of session from weights to running and so on but I also keep a track on how I feel during each session

I read the other night that lots of people now think the virus was here since December so I had a look at how I was feeling training ,I noticed since that dose in December if I leave 3 days between running and do my first run again at about 1 k in I start coughing up and snooting out lots of flem which last for about for about 1k ,

This is constant all through the summer time even in the great weather and I looked back and no mention at all of this pre the dose I got in December,

I wonder did I come across Covid in December and just not know and when I leave running for a few days it's causing a build up of ****e in me , that is forced out in the next run , its very strange,

What you had in December was probably alot worse, everyone was sick and proper sick from that Flu that was going around

School classes were closed in my area, every kid was proper sick

I'm alot more worried of catching whatever Flu that was than Covid tbh

Lost 6kg with that flu, couldn't train for 2 weeks, fever for day's, coughing for 2 weeks, while most people my age who get Covid don't even have symptoms, give me that over what I had in December :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,255 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dublin’s numbers are way too high. If Dublin had low numbers, we wouldn’t be reporting 170 cases a day.

Is it 170 cases today in Dublin :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Definitely, it has serious potential to blow up given the density and the freedom of movement. I'm living here and if you were plucked from 2019 and dropped here now, the only thing that would stand out would be the yellow signs and masks but it's as busy as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

NPHET to recommend to government that in Dublin there be a reduction in the numbers of visitors to peoples homes from different houses.

Reported that the recommendation is to stay at 6 but from no more than 2 households instead of 3, for a period of 3 weeks.

That really doesn't seem like it'll be enough to have a meaningful impact on the rate of infection.

I'm from Dublin before you bite my head off.

And something easy for people to do to lower the numbers. Simple stuff so no excuses for not doing it

Why are we trying to lower the numbers, were not in the same situation as March/April. We know the vast majority aren't even sick. We have higher numbers now but the cases are completely different.
    For example we've been told no communions, what reduction in hospital admissions are we hoping to achieve, it's a big ask and deserves a fact based answer, something we can buy into rather than people just thinking it's another crazy rule.
    What would be so wrong with telling people if you have been any way unwell in the last few days don't visit other people's houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

That really doesn't seem like it'll be enough to have a meaningful impact on the rate of infection.

I'm from Dublin before you bite my head off.

I'm from a county beside Dublin, its basically telling people to cut down the social contact in houses.

Less houses mixing means less contacts and its houses driving the current spread

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

skinny90 wrote: »
    is it just me or has Micheál seemed to shy away from the general public when it comes to addressing this pandemic vs Leo...

hate him or love him but Leo appeared to be quite proactive in his announcements and appeared to show leadership even if nphet are making the recommendations.

Micheál on the motherland seems reluctant to show leadership

It seems like Michael wanted to be Taoiseach to tick something off his bucket list rather than actually doing it properly

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 466 ✭✭DangerScouse

It seems like Michael wanted to be Taoiseach to tick something off his bucket list rather than actually doing it properly

You spelt huge pension wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Why would I “relish” high numbers in Dublin? That’s a ridiculous observation, let’s be honest.
    It's the same sort of arseholish comment as people who have been saying throughout that the "doom mongers" are hoping for more cases and deaths/getting off on it, etc.

It's obviously untrue, it's a c*ntish thing to suggest, and people are still doing it and thanking such posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,363 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

skinny90 wrote: »

Micheál on the motherland seems reluctant to show leadership

Him and Stephen Donnelly.

2 useless gob****es.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is it 170 cases today in Dublin :eek:

No Liz, 107 in Dublin as per earlier post.
    195 in the whole country.
    It would appear around 70 of them are from backlog.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,328 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If it’s just telling people ‘hey dont’... too many still will. The only deterrent is the law, regulations and educating helps too..

It’s easy... keeping the fûck away from other people, keeps people... well, healthy, alive.. enables the health services to cope, function and treat the vast array of medical issues... cancer, strokes, brain injuries/conditions ... the 90% of people who need non covid help... who are daily just.... ffs can people just behave so I can get x help that I need...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Why are we trying to lower the numbers, were not in the same situation as March/April. We know the vast majority aren't even sick. We have higher numbers now but the cases are completely different.
    For example we've been told no communions, what reduction in hospital admissions are we hoping to achieve, it's a big ask and deserves a fact based answer, something we can buy into rather than people just thinking it's another crazy rule.
    What would be so wrong with telling people if you have been any way unwell in the last few days don't visit other people's houses.

You really are a drunk Monkey

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Roots 2020 wrote: »
    Breaking: MacSharry also called on Micheál Martin to "get the CMO off the telly. He is scaring the bejasis out of people."

Only in Ireland, FFS!!:D:D

I'd actually say the opposite is the problem. He is scaring no-one or very few.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭gipi

il gatto wrote: »
    The behaviour of patrons having a meal and a night on the piss are two different planets. Getting people with a few drinks in to social distance, wash their hands, not share drinks or cigarettes, not shout in each other’s faces, not spray spittle all over the poor staff, not spit on security etc etc is almost impossible. And with our contact tracing not working (ie: people not showing up to be tested) we really don’t know how the restaurants have affected cases yet.

Paul Reid, CEO HSE was on the News at 1 on RTE radio today and said that the numbers showing up for Day 0 testing as contacts has improved from about 50% to about 80%. A bit of good news at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

robbiezero wrote: »
    I'd actually say the opposite is the problem. He is scaring no-one or very few.

Yeah who's threatening lockdowns and who is dismissing them...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭robbiezero

fritzelly wrote: »
    Yeah who's threatening lockdowns and who is dismissing them...

It probably would be no harm to take NPHET off the TV for a while. At least then when they come on and want to impart some serious warnings, they might make people take notice.

At the moment they are like yer Granny wagging her finger at ya out the window for splashing in a puddle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

What's the point in more recommendations and 'restrictions'. Seriously?

People will follow the guidelines if they want. If they don't want to, they won't. I know what group I belong in. Nhpet recommendations won't stop people who don't want to follow the guidelines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

robbiezero wrote: »
    It probably would be no harm to take NPHET off the TV for a while. At least then when they come on and want to impart some serious warnings, they might make people take notice.

At the moment they are like yer Granny wagging her finger at ya out the window for splashing in a puddle.

dennis_nedry_magic_word_header.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement