Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXII-30,360 in ROI(1,781 deaths) 8,035 in NI (568 deaths)(10/09)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Decision for lockdown in Dublin to be made on Tuesday apparently.

There is no Dublin lockdown coming.

Only recommendation they look like brining in is changing 6 from 3 households to 6 from 2.

Absolutely no appetite in government for anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

shinzon wrote: »
    Has boards gone tits up again lot of double posts anyways bit of a double standard if those Dublin cases were anywhere else localised lockdown. In Dublin its seems to be Meh what can ye do

Shin

Yes 500 errors :mad:

Pubs in NI given the 21st to reopen, same as here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Of the cases notified today;

• 103 are men / 91 are women

• 61% are under 45 years of age

• 43% are confirmed to be associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case

• 37 cases have been identified as community transmission

• 107 in Dublin, 12 in Waterford, 11 in Limerick, 8 in Wicklow, 7 in Meath, 7 in Kildare, 6 in Laois, 6 in Westmeath, and the remaining 32 cases are located in Cavan, Clare, Donegal, Galway, Kilkenny, Leitrim, Longford, Louth, Mayo, Monaghan, Offaly, Roscommon, Tipperary and Wexford

That's not good. That's 37 people bringing it back into their house. It's fairly impossible to avoid in a house. Although the percentage is consistent as number gets bigger the number of community transmission gets bigger too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭gipi

So what about (sorry!!) all those who posted in various Covid threads saying that pubs in NI were already open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

You can say that again

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

Why in Rathkeal can you just turn up on the day for a test without the need for an appointment yet everywhere else you do?

Will they burn it down again ?Of course it wont be reported in pravda if they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,268 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Time to lockdown Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Will they burn it down again ?Of course it wont be reported in pravda if they do.

1599737597878.jpg

No symptoms required or gp referral.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

YpcXsa.png
    E8Q9i0.png

Not surprising. There's a big shopping centre in Ballymena high.

gipi wrote: »
    So what about (sorry!!) all those who posted in various Covid threads saying that pubs in NI were already open?

Inside you had to eat, could drink in beer gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

Source for this MT?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Thierry12 wrote: »
    What you had in December was probably alot worse, everyone was sick and proper sick from that Flu that was going around

School classes were closed in my area, every kid was proper sick

I'm alot more worried of catching whatever Flu that was than Covid tbh

Lost 6kg with that flu, couldn't train for 2 weeks, fever for day's, coughing for 2 weeks, while most people my age who get Covid don't even have symptoms, give me that over what I had in December :pac:

I've seen a few "it's just a bad flu" posts.

First time I've seen a "the flu is actually worse" post.

Well done lad, really crossing the Rubicon there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

It would be outrageous to lock down Limerick city and the whole county due to the irresponsible behaviour of one particular group in that county. The dogs on the streets know what's happening in Rathkeale but our spineless media are not reporting it. If they need to lock down anywhere, then they just need to lock down Rathkeale, as that will stop the increase in numbers for the county. It is amazing that there is an expectation from us to do the right thing during the pandemic, but when it comes to our ethnic minority, that expectation apparently does not apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Fairly substantial sample size although remember that these findings are representative of people aged 18-34 years who had to be hospitalised, not all young people with #COVID19.

However, it's a reminder that severe outcomes can and do occur in young people.
    Obesity is appearing to be a massive risk factor in all adult age groups.

https://twitter.com/DrZoeHyde/status/1304087357948215296?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

gipi wrote: »

I thought all pubs in NI were already opened :o:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

So we're getting no new restrictions for Dublin although cases have been doubling every 14 days, and we've yet to see the effects of opening schools and colleges.

This could get out of hand very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Back in very early March my daughter was admitted to hospital, she is 12 & has a severe underlying health condition. She had oxygen stats in the 70's & tachycardia, the temperature, cough etc. I asked them to test her & they said no as she had not being skiing in Italy. She struggled for 3 weeks with oxygen levels & then got pneumonia. Thankfully she is doing well now but not before several contacts did test positive, including one person who started in a nursing home before she realised. So it can & does affect children.
    Separately a friend of mine has developed a heart issue a few months after Covid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Knine wrote: »
    Back in very early March my daughter was admitted to hospital, she is 12 & has a severe underlying health condition. She had oxygen stats in the 70's & tachycardia, the temperature, cough etc. I asked them to test her & they said no as she had not being skiing in Italy. She struggled for 3 weeks with oxygen levels & then got pneumonia. Thankfully she is doing well now but not before several contacts did test positive, including one person who started in a nursing home before she realised. So it can & does affect children.
    Separately a friend of mine has developed a heart issue a few months after Covid.

So your daughter wasn't actually reported as positive for covid?

So your daughter wasn't actually reported as positive for covid?

Nope. I got a temperature which last about 5 days also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Wow

The Govt. are really fooking this up. So Kildare, Laois an Offaly locked down but not Dublin.

Really it means that if Dublin don't face restrictions then they will fail to impose them anywhere else in the future. Why would people listen.

Knine wrote: »
    Nope. I got a temperature which last about 5 days also.

That's mental that they didn't despite the context, really can't believe that.

It begs the question as to why they resisted testing people when it was spreading wildly in the country and lends credence to the possibility that it has infected far more people than official numbers suggests.

Wow

The Govt. are really fooking this up. So Kildare, Laois an Offaly locked down but not Dublin.

Really it means that if Dublin don't face restrictions then they will fail to impose them anywhere else in the future. Why would people listen.

Why would people listen in general? For example, banning people standing outside and watching a match as well as keeping pubs closed but allowing weddings of up to 50 people, is one ridiculous aspect of the current restrictions. Lockdown won't be followed and it would have to be a very extreme surge in ICU numbers in order to justify it.

That's mental that they didn't despite the context, really can't believe that.

It begs the question as to why they resisted testing people when it was spreading wildly in the country and lends credence to the possibility that it has infected far more people than official numbers suggests.

I did not meet their criteria for testing but I stayed the hell away from my mother who has cancer, on oxygen 24/7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

Wow

Well people might listen because Dublin could end up in a bad state before too long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement