Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXII-30,360 in ROI(1,781 deaths) 8,035 in NI (568 deaths)(10/09)Read OP

Options
1316317318319320322»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

On the toilet...:pac::pac:

If it was good enough for Elvis....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

This is the worst case of over thinking I've heard of. First of all there are plenty of things you can do..and surely you must have heard of them. Sit 2 metres away, wash your hands etc. It's simple mate.
    If that's not enough eat at your desk, in the car, on the toilet. There are endless possibilities. I find it difficult to think you need to ask an internet forum what to do here?

In all fairness, this is airborne, you can be 8 metres away from someone and it will still get you. I don't have a desk, or a car, not eating on the toilet either and we live in Ireland where it rains.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

That's small for a country like italy

But the rate of increase is not small...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Hospitals:

Beaumont (-2) - 12
    Tallaght (+1) - 6
    Mater (+2) - 6
    St. James (--) - 4
    Tullamore (+1) - 4
    St. Vincents (+1) - 3
    Wexford (--) - 3
    Connolly (--) - 2
    Kilkenny (-1) - 2
    UHL (--) - 2
    UHW (+1) - 2
    CHI Crumlin (+1) - 1
    Letterkenny (--) - 1
    Mullingar (--) - 1
    Sligo (--) - 1
    South Tipp (--) - 1
    UHK (-2) - 0
    Navan (-1) - 0

• Registered Users Posts: 28,171 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I know someone who works in a meat factory. Eats in their car.

You reckon we could set them up, covid thread does blind date...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Ce he sin wrote: »
    Numbers which have quadrupled in a month. Not such good news. Yes, the numbers are relatively small. They were small early this year too.

Quadrupled means very little at such tiny numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Quadrupled means very little at such tiny numbers.
    140 in Italian ICU is the equivalent of ~11 here. Very small numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

In all fairness, this is airborne, you can be 8 metres away from someone and it will still get you. I don't have a desk, or a car, not eating on the toilet either and we live in Ireland where it rains.

If it worried you to that extent you would have no problem eating outside with proper rain gear, either way, first world problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

140 in Italian ICU is the equivalent of ~11 here. Very small numbers.

Exactly. If we went from 3 to 12 in ICU over a month it would mean very little when hundreds was our previous reality

Don't eat in the toilets, sure it comes up the sewers ��

• Advertisement

I'm up for this but two metres+ at all times.

If it worried you to that extent you would have no problem eating outside with proper rain gear, either way, first world problems.

I'm very paranoid but can't trust anyone

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Who says you need food while you're at work? Or a break even? Suck it up buttercup. Think of all the lost productivity hours with your daily smoke hut or toilet lunch break dilemmas.

But the rate of increase is not small...

Still extremely low.

Covid 19 is here to stay as is colds and flu.

The above kills thousands every year in Italy.

There has to be perspective we are never going to get to zero covid deaths. Ever...

I'm very paranoid but can't trust anyone

Which is fair enough, especially as you understand it is your problem not the other staff members, I see no problem with finding an outside spot, I presume if you are paranoid any food is prepared by yourself, outside is not a problem as long as you dress appropriately

Who says you need food while you're at work? Or a break even? Suck it up buttercup. Think of all the lost productivity hours with your daily smoke hut or toilet lunch break dilemmas.

I love the humour. I guess I need to pick up some proper rain gear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭inthenip

The 11.30 rule is beyond stupid. Young people are going to well stocked up at home awaiting a house party to go to.

Leave the pubs open later ffs. I'd even look at extending the times.

On the other hand though with social distancing in place many young people are not going to bother with pub anyway and the house parties will stay the same regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Always_Running

At the moment we have the highest 7 day average since May 14th in reported covid cases.

Back then 419 in hospital, 59 in ICU and 44 ventilated cases.

Which is fair enough, especially as you understand it is your problem not the other staff members, I see no problem with finding an outside spot, I presume if you are paranoid any food is prepared by yourself, outside is not a problem as long as you dress appropriately

I'm not blaming other staff, they have to eat as well and mask has to come off. Im new in the job, need to take a walk around the building and find a spot for rainy days.

Edit: I just wanted to ask for advice in case I was missing something on canteen use.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

inthenip wrote: »
    The 11.30 rule is beyond stupid. Young people are going to well stocked up at home awaiting a house party to go to.

Leave the pubs open later ffs. I'd even look at extending the times.

Exactly. But it will never happen so we will all be shut down eventually. Lovely Jubbley.

• Advertisement

I'm not blaming other staff, they have to eat as well and mask has to come off. Im new in the job, need to take a walk around the building and find a spot for rainy days.

Edit: I just wanted to ask for advice in case I was missing something on canteen use.

Do you cycle to work?

At the moment we have the highest 7 day average since May 14th in reported covid cases.

Back then 419 in hospital, 59 in ICU and 44 ventilated cases.

Some difference.

People are more relaxed because cases in hospital are so low. Trying to convince five million people this is a deadly disease when less than one per cent of people in icu are covid patients and total is 7 currently.

He's married I went to their wedding.

He doesn't fool around.

Do you cycle to work?

Yeah

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Final orders!

Thread XXIII incoming in about 10 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Beasty wrote: »
    Final orders!

Thread XXIII incoming in about 10 mins

It's 10 minutes already.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

and it's about time this one was closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement