Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXII-30,360 in ROI(1,781 deaths) 8,035 in NI (568 deaths)(10/09)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

61 cases

It's worth celebrating any day we hear of no further deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

• Registered Users Posts: 17,483 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Originally Posted by yourdeadwright View Post
    61 cases today,
    39 Dublin
    13 Kildare

Get the f*ck outta here - spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,665 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

yourdeadwright is actually the CMO in disguise

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I know it's only one day but 16/61 for community transmission is rather high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Turtwig wrote: »

Yes it does seem high

• Registered Users Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

30 are men / 30 are women

67% are under 45 years of age

23 associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case

16 cases community transmission

39 in Dublin, 13 in Kildare and the remaining 9 cases are in Cork, Kerry, Laois, Limerick, Longford and Wicklow.

Every day there's a considerable number of cases in addition to associated or close contacts and community transmission. Are the others under investigation and if so, when do they publish the findings?

Turtwig wrote: »
    You would assume most of those are in Kildare/Dublin, roughly 25% so not that much different from the 20% average

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    Every day there's a considerable number of cases in addition to associated or close contacts and community transmission. Are the others under investigation and if so, when do they publish the findings?
    Contact tracing can take up to a week. The ones that have absolutely no link and require no investigation are put in the press release. Prof. Nolan said that most if not all of the under investigation cases will be linked to outbreaks. We will likely never see that info published. You'd have to go digging in HPSC data.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Still too high but falling nicely

• Advertisement

Analysis of cases as of midnight Friday 21st August - 27,908 cases (+133)

Healthcare Workers +8
    Clusters +2
    Cases associated with clusters +32

Age Range Affected
    0-4 +10
    5-14 +10
    15-24 +30
    25-34 +36
    35-44 -5
    45-54 +25
    55-64 +13
    65-74 +6
    75-84 +5
    85+ No Change

Cases by County
    Carlow +4
    Cork +2
    Donegal +1
    Dublin +55
    Kerry +2
    Kildare +36
    Kilkenny +7
    Laois +3
    Limerick +10
    Louth +1
    Meath +3
    Monaghan +2
    Offaly +2
    Roscommon +2
    Tipperary +12
    Waterford +6
    Westmeath +1
    Wexford +4
    Wicklow +2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Gael23 wrote: »

We will not go from 200 to 6 overnight. Downward trend is all we can hope for

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

20 cases in the 0-14 bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭landofthetree

So what's happening here in terms of numbers is the same as pretty much every other European country after they lifted lockdown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

No deaths Jim, how many who caught c19 over the past 6 weeks actually died from it.
    Or do we have to wait for two weeks to see no spikes attributed from the protests..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,596 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Gael23 wrote: »

It dropped to 66 last Sunday and then 56 on Monday. I wouldn't read much into the drop from yesterday to today.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,878 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So down again on yesterday’s number but if I remember rightly the acting CMO did say that case numbers would go up and down for a while and that seems to have happened. If it starts to go up and not come back down then we’d be in trouble.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So down again on yesterday’s number but if I remember rightly the acting CMO did say that case numbers would go up and down for a while and that seems to have happened. If it starts to go up and not come back down then we’d be in trouble.
    We haven't even come close to the 200 since that happened, hopefully the drop will continue into this week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

We will not go from 200 to 6 overnight. Downward trend is all we can hope for

That depends on efforts in testing.
    It looks predictable and like the government have a hold on it but they don't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

We've got a live one here. I hope "yourdeadright" doesn't land in hot water for the daily numbers leak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,252 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

froog wrote: »
    20 cases in the 0-14 bracket.

Yes and kids don't spread it apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I think at this stage it's the volume of tests that can give indicators. We've been in mass testing mode for a bit so numbers up and down.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    20 in the 0-14 range means they caught it. There's a lot of private household clusters at the moment, they likely caught it from parents/brothers/sisters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭mcburns07

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Maybe they got it from their parents????? The fact kids of that age have it doesn’t alone prove that they are spreading it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

30 are men / 30 are women

67% are under 45 years of age

23 associated with outbreaks or are close contacts of a confirmed case

16 cases community transmission

39 in Dublin, 13 in Kildare and the remaining 9 cases are in Cork, Kerry, Laois, Limerick, Longford and Wicklow.

Great to see a low number and the 50 / 50 gender split finally brings a bit of balance to their reporting. It's been nothing but sexist so far. It's still a bit ageist but in a good way. Another round number too. Entirely coincidental I suppose. Could well be an outlier but here's hoping.
    Testing is the problem.
    If we could just stop the testing we'd have even fewer cases.

1 in 4 people don't know how they got it. Community transmission not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

yes because I would like to know if they are in fact actually connected to other cases and our contact tracing isn't up to scratch/detailed enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

You can probably catch it on a plane. Wonder how many of our "community transmission" cases had been on a foreign holiday recently?

That means we can no longer trot out the line....

"This is not a travel related disease"
    "there is NO EVIDENCE of transmission occurring on a plane"

Only took 5 months for the evidence to come to light.
    On day 14, a previously healthy 28-year-old woman tested positive. She had worn a N95 mask on the flight, except when she used the toilet. She sat 3 rows away from one of the asymptomatic cases on the plane, and used the same toilet as this person.

https://twitter.com/DrZoeHyde/status/1297073662470758400?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭Worztron

I wonder what county has the highest number of cases per head of population?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Worztron wrote: »

Qatar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Worztron wrote: »

Qatar, according to https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/. Some of the big, non-city state ones in the top ten are: Chile, Panama, Peru, USA, and Brazil. We're no. 46, but all the above has to be treated with a pinch of salt, as it depends on testing, I'd imagine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement