Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to reset appleid password

• 22-08-2020 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

I cannot remember my appleid password. I set it up using a temporary gmail account and cannot remember either password.
    What are the prospects of apple support resetting the password for me if I cannot access the gmail account?
    I cannot log in to the account to disable find my iPhone and I cannot sign out of the account and register another without doing so.

Any way out of this debacle?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do you know the Gmail email address?

Do you have 2FA on your Apple account or security questions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Davy wrote: »
    Do you know the Gmail email address?

Do you have 2FA on your Apple account or security questions?

I know the gmail email address but cannot access it or reset the password. Did not set up 2fa or security questions on the apple account. Apple support will not assist me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

thejuggler wrote: »
    I know the gmail email address but cannot access it or reset the password. Did not set up 2fa or security questions on the apple account. Apple support will not assist me.

Gmail has many options to regain access. Mobile number, previous password used, recovery email. Its best to focus on this first, once you regain this it will make the apple easier.

If you don't have 2fA setup on the Apple account, you should be able to reset the security questions for the account.

If you don't know the Apple password, and you try multiple times it will lock your account. Apple will then recover it after a number of days using the mobile number.

Advertisement