Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from soccer Thread.

Options
  • 22-08-2020 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭

Earlier today I was banned from the Soccer thread.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058106118&page=10 Post no #142

I have engaged with the MOD in question and asked them what was I banned for.
    I have been told that I a broke a MOD warning but I can't see how I have.
    I have asked the MOD to tell me how I broke the warning, I have fully explained my post but I'm not getting an answer and the MOD who banned me has said he won't engage anymore in the discussion as in his opinion I'm not being honest.

I have been honest and I still don't know what I actually done wrong.

I have fully engaged in the process and the thread.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi davemckenna25,

Can you post here or forward via pm the conversation you had with the mod attempting to resolve this and I'll take a look.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Hi Steve.
    Thanks for taking the time to look into this.
    I have forwarded you a PM with the conversation with the MOD.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi, got the PM thanks.

I'm copying your PM message to me here as discussion must be kept here.
    Hi Steve.

Thanks for taking a look at this for me.
    The full conversation with the MOD is below. Hope it makes sense.
    I didn't set out to cause hassle, I had stated in the same thread the previous day that if the allegations against Maguire were as they seemed then the club shouldn't try to defend his actions.
    I honestly don't know how I have went against the MOD warning of "Mod warned about comparisons to previous incidents yesterday." as he has stated I did.
    I never mentioned or made reference to any player/club/incident. I just posted what I deemed as unacceptable and undefenceable behaviour.

The MOD wouldn't even tell me how I had broken the warning despite me asking what was wrong with my post.

Anyhow, Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

Ok, having looked at the post that the mod carded you for, can you please explain exactly what you were referring to in this sentence, in particular the part I highlighted in bold:
    nothing too serious... like hopefully no evidence of biting or racial abuse...... because it would be very hard to defend that sort of behaviour.

I was refering to what I would count as unacceptable behaviour.
    When someone is trying to defend their sister from attack I could understand bad language and throwing of punches/kicks in a fight.
    However racial abuse/comments are never acceptable and neither is biting and definetly not in the current covid19 environment.

That is all.

Sorry, I don't buy that the "biting and racial abuse" comment was not a reference to Suarez, in breach of the mod direction on thread to stop further references. It's far too serendipitous that you just happened to pick those two traits out of the air.

From your posts here you were also well aware of the mod post when you posted it.

The warning and resulting ban is upheld.

You may appeal this to admin per the DR process if you wish.

• Advertisement

Yes I would like to appeal it.

I never said that I just happened to pick those two traits out of the air.
    I explained my reasons for my the two traits. They are reactions/behaviours that I find totally unacceptable and as such undefendable.
    If someone decided to look into the post and see something that I didn't post I don't see how that is my fault.

I never made reference to any club/player/incident.

Also I never tried to say I was unaware of the MOD post, I just don't see how my post falls under it.

I feel that both the yellow card and ban are incorrect.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

I will take a look at this. Please bear with me I have a busy morning but hope to get to it this afternoon.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Hi,

This is fairly straightforward. It's quite clearly a reference to Suarez and something we are all very well used to reading in the Soccer forum with the constant niggling between Man Utd and Pool fans.

I'm upholding the card and consequent ban.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement