Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post restrictions and issues and covid

Options
  • 23-08-2020 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭

I find it comical that we can send and receive post to some countries which are considered as hotspots of this "pandemic" like China or Korea or USA yet I cant get a large envelope to Australia.
    I guess some countries take it to the extreme. What is even more comical is that my friend over there claim he is getting post from China no problem but he cant get my package for the last 3 months.
    I have sent about 6 large envelopes to 6 different addresses in Australia in April-May and none of them arrived there yet.
    If Australian post is really not accepting post from Ireland yet they does from China or Korea then this is beyond ridiculous.
    Anyone having the same problems getting their post to or from somewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭Del Griffith

Australias defence of its borders are OTT at the best of times, no surprise they've gone North Korea with this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Australias defence of its borders are OTT at the best of times, no surprise they've gone North Korea with this

Looks like it. Problem is that if you sell couple things to Aussies without knowing that they put up a wall bigger than Trump can ever dream of, say on ebay, then you are in a deep ***t. They all filled item not received case and got promptly reimbursed by paypal. Now I am out of stuff and money too all the while things sit in some warehouse and will be sent out there some day in future. While some of them said they will pay when they get it others just cut out communication.

Live and learn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭owlbethere

I don't think the post issue with Australia is to do with the border controls. I think it's more so do to with grounded flights and less flights going in and out from Australia and therefore less post to and from. I think they are estimating approximately March 2021 before it goes back to some sort of normal.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

So what do you want OP? A WHO with the power to lay down rules/regulations across the globe, or powers being left with locally elected governments?

Post is probably near the least of our problems when it comes to inconsistencies around the world

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

Just find notice on An Post website, no post to Australia, not even letters. Well that is a pity, one small child will be minus birthday gift and bang goes the christmas card post too. One solution is to source some item online within Australia.... What happens to all the post stuck in the system? I recall a birthday card posted early April, not delivered yet, so that explains it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Frankie19

I have 2 nieces in Sydney and every year I would miss the cut off date to post their Christmas presents. Last couple of years I have bought things on kmart or cotton ons websites where you can pay extra to get it gift wrapped and delivered to their door. A lot less stressful and if they don't like it can return it for something else.

This year though I have their presents bought and typical I cant post them even if I was on time

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

My mother in UK got a letter recently from an Aus gr grandaughter... I wonder if items are getting out of Aus or if UK has different arrangement?

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Frankie19

An post apparently will resume postage to Australia from the 20th of September once its under 10kg.

Advertisement