Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban on Covid19 main thread

Options
  • 23-08-2020 2:49am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭

I'm appealing this. Ten of Swords is totally out of order.

At the protest march in Dublin today was a poster 'Covid aids paedophiles' or something to that effect. Nth Clare said he felt his doctor enjoyed putting on his Covid gear, a kind of fetish.

I was joking that the fella holding the poster was Nth Clare. Not the greatest joke in the world but no Mal intent. Also I simply pointed out that A Citizen Erased was wrong in saying half of Ireland was Covid free. He's prone to bias, that everything is perfect.

Christ it's unbelievable the vendetta Ten of Swords had against me. I'm sure Nth Clare is allowed post despite vile language.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mods tend to not build up vendettas in the space of one month and a hundred posts. It usually takes at least a couple of hundred posts to get a good vendetta going.

I was going to post suggesting that you contact the mod and try to discuss, but then I took a look at your record. What you left out of your opening post is that the same mod gave you three warnings in the thread in the form of cards previous to this to tell you to cop on and change your posting style. You've engaged in smartarsery for a while now, and after ignored warnings, the mod finally went ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and removed you from the thread. I see no reason to undo that course of action because despite your protestations, your threadban was hardly out of the blue.

My suggestion - reassess your posting style across the rest of the forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 111 ✭✭Wild Field 1831

mike_ie wrote: »
    Mods tend to not build up vendettas in the space of one month and a hundred posts. It usually takes at least a couple of hundred posts to get a good vendetta going.

I was going to post suggesting that you contact the mod and try to discuss, but then I took a look at your record. What you left out of your opening post is that the same mod gave you three warnings in the thread in the form of cards previous to this to tell you to cop on and change your posting style. You've engaged in smartarsery for a while now, and after ignored warnings, the mod finally went ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ and removed you from the thread. I see no reason to undo that course of action because despite your protestations, your threadban was hardly out of the blue.

My suggestion - reassess your posting style across the rest of the forum.

The warnings were given about 3-4 hours later so I had posted more. How was I to heed these warnings?

I haven't engaged in 'smartarsery' as you call it. What a smug reply. Factually inaccurate as Ten of Swords didn't yellow card until hours after the posts were sent, and full of condescension.

There's nothing wrong with my style of posting either, it's very agreeable to the vast majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

The warnings were given about 3-4 hours later so I had posted more. How was I to heed these warnings?

I haven't engaged in 'smartarsery' as you call it.

Just one example from the thread:
    <poster's name> that was you with the paedophile poster at the march!

You should be thanking Ten of Swords. Had I spotted that post before they did, you would have ended up with a forum ban.

The conversation ends here. You were being a dick on multiple occasions. The next occurrence of said behavior and I will ban you from the forum.

/thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement