Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

applying for housing, complicated family situation

• 23-08-2020 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

hi all
    Have posted numerous times here, about a difficult family dynamic, this is 100 percent not what this post is about, hoping the mods allow this one, as I really am in need of advice, as i'm at my whit's end
    I would like to apply for council housing. However, due to multiple things going on here that shouldn't be, my parent's are paranoid about me applying, won't allow it in fact. I would also need evidence to support my application, from gp, consultant, etc. I do feel i have a strong case for housing, in terms of my mental health, well-being etc.
    The other week something came up in relation to what I've posted about before, and i now see it's time to get out. Not that i didn't see it before, i just feel trapped and no idea how to go about this, when I can't have post come here, and can't ask for help to go places, or get stuff to support my application, seen as family are against it in the first place.
    I do not feel independence is an unreasnnable thing to want, i'm just not sure how to go about this in my current situation.
    Anyone who's gone through applying for housing with difficult family dynamics, I'd really appreciate some feedback. My mental health is so bad that I feel completely hopeless worthless and useless every day here. because of the virus, i'm not allowed go anywhere by myself, but there's always something else going on, so that i feel like an inconvenience asking to go anywhere, so don't bother.
    Hoping for any advice at all and that this post can stay up.
    Thanks in advance anyone who reads and responds

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Mod Note

Afterglow, thank you for your post. However as previously said to you, your situation is such that is beyond what people can help you with here. For that reason it was recommended to you that you take a break from the forum for a while and seek professional help. I would urge you to please follow this advice and perhaps seek the advice of your GP or take a look at the Support Organisations thread here to find suggestions on where to get the most appropriate help you require.

With the above in mind, I am closing this thread, with best wishes that you get the help you need.

Thanks

HS

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement