Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting house near Panda waste?

Options
  • 23-08-2020 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi guys,

I'm looking at a house to rent in Co Meath but there is a panda waste factory close to the where we would be renting, just a few houses down.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever lived near something like this and would it be noisy/smell etc? I've driven around the area a few times and haven't noticed anything but I am hesitant

TIA!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Mutt Love wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm looking at a house to rent in Co Meath but there is a panda waste factory close to the where we would be renting, just a few houses down.

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever lived near something like this and would it be noisy/smell etc? I've driven around the area a few times and haven't noticed anything but I am hesitant

TIA!

What kind of times are you visiting at? Daytime? Or ask in local shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Mutt Love wrote: »
    I've driven around the area a few times
    GET OUT AND WALK!

No, seriously. Suck in that lingering smell!

Also, as said, check with the local shopkeepers on if it's on reduced staffing or not. You may be there on a day that it's not going full whack. Also, what are its operating times?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Stand on Greenhills road for a few minutes and youll see the impact a waste plant has. Nope nope nope nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

ED E wrote: »
    Stand on Greenhills road for a few minutes and youll see the impact a waste plant has. Nope nope nope nope.

Bin trucks roaring in & out at all hours, heavy industrial traffic, waste, noise, flies, vermin. Drive to an itinerant camp and spend a few minutes kicking by the waste on the roadside - do you want to live up the road from an imdustrial size plant of that? You know the vague smell when its bin day imagine that multiplied by ten thoussand, and , all the bits that get blown about in the wind and the bits that blow around that noone ever feels responsible for or picks up?

I’d say listen to the voices in your head! (& Avoid)

I’d also say Air Borne Diseases. Not ‘just’ the obvious: but germs and the dirt and diseases/illnesses they bring are real.Do you ever stand over a used toilet bowl and inhale deeply as you flush? No - there’s a reason! (so dont move alongside something much dirtier than that). IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Considering our bins are collected around 7 am they must leave the yard about 6 am
    A lot of noise that early in the morning

• Advertisement
Advertisement