Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any games with massive anticipation of release for a casual gamer?

Options
  • 23-08-2020 2:22pm
    Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭

I'm a very casual gamer (PS4) but there are times when there are games released that just blow the mind and are widely anticipated by everyone.

I had "that" feeling for GTA5 and then 2 years ago for Red Dead Redemption 2.

Maybe it's a rockstar thing and just the type of game I like but I do love being part of the excitement with everyone else looking forward to release day.

As I said, not a massive gamer and not fictional kind of games with Zombies or monsters person. I got the Witcher 3 on sale for example a couple years ago and tbh I struggled to learn how to play it or reallly get into it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I was going to say Cyberpunk 2077 until you mentioned not liking The Witcher :p Same dev but a futuristic setting rather than fantasy.

Have a look at gameplay on YouTube to see if it'd interest you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

The new Watch dogs game perhaps? If yer looking at staying somewhat in the realms of reality. I havent played them myself but some seem to like them..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I'm a very casual gamer (PS4) but there are times when there are games released that just blow the mind and are widely anticipated by everyone.

I had "that" feeling for GTA5 and then 2 years ago for Red Dead Redemption 2.

Maybe it's a rockstar thing and just the type of game I like but I do love being part of the excitement with everyone else looking forward to release day.

As I said, not a massive gamer and not fictional kind of games with Zombies or monsters person. I got the Witcher 3 on sale for example a couple years ago and tbh I struggled to learn how to play it or reallly get into it.
    Have you played the Last of Us 1 and 2? Yes it has monsters but they are incredible games in terms of story telling and acting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭cml387

On the subject of Witcher 3, I was on the point of giving up early on with one particular boss fight but persevered and in the end it's probably my all time favourite.
    I've played all the big sandbox games Fallout, AC (every single one (!)) and Red Dead but W3 still stands out for the best story, best fun (it was very funny in parts) and best overall gameplay.

My advice - go back and persevere with W3. You won't regret it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

uncharted series of games maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

Have you played the Last of Us 1 and 2? Yes it has monsters but they are incredible games in terms of story telling and acting

I haven't played those games. Must check them out.

Any games not released yet? I love the excitement of discussing the release and the leaks etc.

I really loved that few months leading up to RDR2 release.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,918 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I haven't played those games. Must check them out.

Any games not released yet? I love the excitement of discussing the release and the leaks etc.

I really loved that few months leading up to RDR2 release.

I'd say most anticipation/chat over the next few weeks/months will be about the launch of the new consoles themselves. The most-hyped* game releases between now and Christmas will likely be Cyberpunk, AssCreed Valhalla, Marvel's Avengers, Watch Dogs 3 etc, as well as the launch titles for PS5, XBSX.

*most-hyped/over-hyped - delete as applicable!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dark Souls

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

I'd be the same as the OP, anything from Rockstar and depending on the setting/era Call of Duty purely for the campaign.

Advertisement