Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 port single socket sized cat6 wall plate?

Options
  • 23-08-2020 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭

Hey all. Wondering if anyone knows anywhere in Dublin that could provide me with a single socket sized Cat6 wall plate with 3 ports?

I ran 3 cat6’s to each room of my house (only really needed 1) and initially just ran them into a single socket sized plaster board box as I thought I’d only ever use 2 and was going to just leave the 3rd unused cat6 cable buried in the wall. I still have no use for the 3rd one yet in any room but I’d like to terminate all 3 and not have to use a double plate. I’m in no humour to cut the plasterboard for double boxes.

Example of what I’m looking for below.

https://adeptnetworks.co.uk/excel-cat-6-triple-outlet-with-faceplate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Do you need 3 different ports?
    If you put a network switch in somewhere, the switch will do this for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kevin.m

Another option is to use keystones. Nexxia in the UK supply faceplates that take 4 keystones. I've used there double/8 way face plates. You do need a good deep back box though.

Advertisement