Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying New Boots

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 HD_Cooney mush

Goose81 wrote: »
    Are you actually for real?

You know the main point of the boot is to protect your lower leg , if the bike lands on it it's going to snap regardless but if you have full boots on it probably won't be a compound fracture so the hope would be less damage.

I saw a Motocross bike land on my mates leg wearing full boots and it snap in half and him having to wear a cage for 6 months.

Good luck in your hiking boots mate, it doesn't matter what bike you ride so I don't get your point. If a cruiser lands on your leg you would be more ****ed than if a sports bike did. If your Harley lands on your leg you would be in a worse way than if my superbike landed on mine.

Those boots are a lose lose lose in any language as motorcycle boots, only a cheap ass retard would wear them.

Hey, having had a Dyna fall on my left leg before after a car nudged me from the right hand side, these boots actually stopped my lower leg from taking any damage due to the reinforced rubber that goes right around the boot from toe to heel! Foot was wedged between primary cover and ground.

I’m in no way cheap and not in anyway a retard so maybe keep the school yard slagging to yourself instead of acting the hard man on online forums like a child!

😂😂😉😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Hey, having had a Dyna fall on my left leg before after a car nudged me from the right hand side, these boots actually stopped my lower leg from taking any damage due to the reinforced rubber that goes right around the boot from toe to heel! Foot was wedged between primary cover and ground.

I’m in no way cheap and not in anyway a retard so maybe keep the school yard slagging to yourself instead of acting the hard man on online forums like a child!

😂😂😉😉

Agree on the second bit, was probably a bit far goose, we're not on biker.ie. Lol

While you might have walked away from that tip you were lucky. For starters they're laced up. Regarding protection it's sole and toe, that's it, no shin protection, no ankle guards and no ankle twist protection.

Maybe you're not an ATGATT and that's fine. these boots are probably better than a pair of trainers in a small spill but don't be under any illusion that you're protected. If you want to convince me otherwise, please share the CE ratings they got to be suitable as motorbike boots.

There are lots of motorbike boots with proper protection that would suit your needs, you should look into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Ooops:)

IMG-20200908-221258.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭LLewellen Farquarson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmWQKoN6yX0

This is an interesting video, and is probably relevant .
    I know it says new rider, but I learnt a few things 're where the vulnerable parts are.

Advertisement