Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kw cert - where to get?

Options
  • 24-08-2020 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

My registration certificate does not have the bikes engine Max. Net Power (kw).

Where can i get this that will satisfy the driving testers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

Taylor365 wrote: »
    My registration certificate does not have the bikes engine Max. Net Power (kw).

Where can i get this that will satisfy the driving testers?

My tester googled the bike and was happy with that as my import cert stated my bike didn't have an engine size
    But he said that is a rare case that they are in the mood to do that.

you could try an official garage report signed and stamped by the garage, they can ensure the Kw is written on the report to show the bike is unrestricted.

Call up the NDLS / RSA and ask them what would be enough to show the max power. Ask for them to email confirmation of their answer as well so you can print it and bring it with you if the assessor tries to say otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

goblin59 wrote: »
    you could try an official garage report signed and stamped by the garage, they can ensure the Kw is written on the report to show the bike is unrestricted.
    Whats an official garage?

I've gone to a yamaha dealer and he pawned me off to contact an importer! :confused:

Whats an official garage?

I've gone to a yamaha dealer and he pawned me off to contact an importer! :confused:

anyone registered really,
    has the bike been imported already or is it on foreign plates?

anyone registered really,
    has the bike been imported already or is it on foreign plates?
    Imported in 2008.

Imported in 2008.

You might be able to call up the NCTS and ask for a reissue of the vehicle registration documents with the Kw stated.

from what i understood, the tester just wants to know if the bike is restricted and what the factory specs are for the engine size / power.
    he was happy when google brought my bike up on the RSA list.
    You could always print off this list and use a highlighter on your bike when you see it

https://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Drivers/Motorcyclists/Driving-Test-Vehicles---Motorcycles/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

What bike is it? Back when I did my test, he just asked what i was riding and said ok.

FZS600 Fazer.

Clear as day on the list, but will refuse to test if no proof of KW.

Bring your log book. Be grand.

zubair wrote: »

I think the OP is having the same issue i had. My bike is an import as well, and doesn't have the engine power listed which is what they want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

His logbook doesn't show it, that's the problem.

OP - go back and get Shannon to update the document and send out a new one. If imported, they (should) have a copy of the V5 when it was imported, which (should) have had it on it.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

My log book didn't show it either, wasn't a problem for the full test. Mine was a popular bike for the test which may have helped but if your bike is common it won't be an issue.

I explored getting it amended on the logbook and I needed a certificate of conformity, I approached Honda UK for this and they looked to charge me £100 so I didn't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

I got one for my DL650, went in to Lee Motorcycles, they just googled what it was (49KW) and put it on headed paper, I sent it along with the logbook to Shannon and they updated their system with the details and now it’s on the book. I did it in the hope of being able to use it for my test, it was 1kw short for that A test. Lee charged me €10 for it

My log book didn't show it either, wasn't a problem for the full test. Mine was a popular bike for the test which may have helped but if your bike is common it won't be an issue.

Same for me, I brought my log book but being an import the field was blank. He didn't even look for the log book.

Same for me, I brought my log book but being an import the field was blank. He didn't even look for the log book.
    Well was told this morning, if it's not on the logbook - no test.

I'll be going down to M&A motorcycles to see if they'll put it on headed paper, as they're down as a "Yamaha dealer".

Well was told this morning, if it's not on the logbook - no test.

I'll be going down to M&A motorcycles to see if they'll put it on headed paper, as they're down as a "Yamaha dealer".

I would go with what you are told.
    My tester was in good humor as they had only just gotten back to testing.

If you are running out of time to get everything, could you hire a bike from the driving school you did your IBT with?

I would go with what you are told.
    My tester was in good humor as they had only just gotten back to testing.

If you are running out of time to get everything, could you hire a bike from the driving school you did your IBT with?
    Tester said paper from a garage stating the KW would do.

Tester said paper from a garage stating the KW would do.

Thats thankfully easy to get.

Is it not common for log books Power output section to be blank if the bike is full power?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Acquiescence

I've my test within the next week and can't find my log book anywhere.

Do we think a letter from a dealer will do without the log book?

I'll give the RSA a bell on Monday obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I've my test within the next week and can't find my log book anywhere.

Do we think a letter from a dealer will do without the log book?

I'll give the RSA a bell on Monday obviously.

I posted off for a logbook on Thursday last, arrived yesterday: Tuesday.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Having just checked my vehicle Registration Certificate, the Code (P.2) (Engine Max. Net Power) it reads '0'. Bike is not restricted.

Have mailed motortax.ie to enquire how this can be updated to reflect the correct Kw.

On a side note, it's really annoying ringing Shannon to go through all of the selections to be told that the phones are not manned and that you need to email ... waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭enrique66_35

jim salter wrote: »
    Having just checked my vehicle Registration Certificate, the Code (P.2) (Engine Max. Net Power) it reads '0'. Bike is not restricted.

Have mailed motortax.ie to enquire how this can be updated to reflect the correct Kw.

On a side note, it's really annoying ringing Shannon to go through all of the selections to be told that the phones are not manned and that you need to email ... waste of time

Be interested to know what kind of evidence they require to update it. Is it from any motorcycle garage or does it have to be a main dealer?

I've an Fz6 that had the throttle stop restriction on it when I bought it (didn't know it cause I was a newb) but I've since bent the tab out of the way to unleash all 98 horsies. Would need the reg cert updated to match - it came marked as 25Kw - before I could do the A test on it though.

Be interested to know what kind of evidence they require to update it. Is it from any motorcycle garage or does it have to be a main dealer?

I've an Fz6 that had the throttle stop restriction on it when I bought it (didn't know it cause I was a newb) but I've since bent the tab out of the way to unleash all 98 horsies. Would need the reg cert updated to match - it came marked as 25Kw - before I could do the A test on it though.

Have received a response from the Dept. of Transport referring me to my local tax office.

Contacted them and they advised they cannot change this document to reflect the power output of the bike. They directed me to Rosslare (Revenue) and/or to the Dept. of Transport (whom I originally emailed) so I have emailed back.

Will ring Rosslare on Monday.

Does anyone know if I get a print out from a registered bike dealer stating the KW of the, will that satisfy the tester for an A license?

jim salter wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I get a print out from a registered bike dealer stating the KW of the, will that satisfy the tester for an A license?
    I was told that yes it would, as mine also was blank when going for the test.

I have a letter from a Yamaha garage stating output....for the next time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Acquiescence

I contacted the Yamaha Ireland Facebook page. Seems to be Danfay Ltd. They sent me on the Certificate of Conformity for my bike with Chasis number etc. in no time at all.

It was cracking customer service considering I hadn't and wasn't buying anything from them.

I contacted the Yamaha Ireland Facebook page. Seems to be Danfay Ltd. They sent me on the Certificate of Conformity for my bike with Chasis number etc. in no time at all.

It was cracking customer service considering I hadn't and wasn't buying anything from them.

Wow, that's good

To follow up on this.

Contacted Kawasaki Ireland and they referred me to Bikeworld.

Bikeworld came back this morning (2 weeks later) stating that it will cost €150 for a Certificate of Conformity - absolute joke. Whatever chance they had of me buying my next bike off them, there is none now (and I'm in the market for a brand new Z650 in March/April)

And...what's even more perplexing : found this on their website: https://www.bikeworld.ie/site/services/certificate-of-conformity/

It's listed as €95 on their website - wonder why they are trying to charge me 51% more

• Registered Users Posts: 34,704 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Would they accept a dyno run printout, seems a better use of your money!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement

Don't know.

Have gotten onto Kawasaki Ireland and Revenue (in Wexford) and will sort it out that way.

Advertisement