Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kw cert - where to get?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Roadcraft

You dont need to have proof of power for a category A test if the bike is on the RSA list.

That is a fact & confirmed to me by the an ADI supervisor who checked it with the head of driver testing.

I pre-test at 5 different test centres & have never come across anyone having a problem with a bike for a category A test

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Roadcraft wrote: »
    You dont need to have proof of power for a category A test if the bike is on the RSA list.

That is a fact & confirmed to me by the an ADI supervisor who checked it with the head of driver testing.

I pre-test at 5 different test centres & have never come across anyone having a problem with a bike for a category A test

That's your experience.

Mine is different.

jim salter wrote: »
    That's your experience.

Mine is different.

Yes it is & a lot more than yours as explained.

Yes it is & a lot more than yours as explained.

Are you actually arguing my actual experience :rolleyes:

Are you actually arguing my actual experience :rolleyes:

Haha no!!!

Not with all your experience!!!!

If you were refused a test with a bike that is on the list you will get a free re-test if you get onto driver testing.

• Advertisement

Haha no!!!

Not with all your experience!!!!

If you were refused a test with a bike that is on the list you will get a free re-test if you get onto driver testing.

Nice attitude.

Just an FYI: I had been riding bikes up to 1995, moved abroad and did not renew my License(s) - a license which, by the way, was part of the car license up until relatively recently. Decided last year to get back into bikes after 20+ years away.

But what do I know, what do I need to know ? When we have know-it-alls like yourself to tell us when what we actually experienced :rolleyes:

Unless you have something positive to add why not refrain from commenting again?

Nice attitude.

Just an FYI: I had been riding bikes up to 1995, moved abroad and did not renew my License(s) - a license which, by the way, was part of the car license up until relatively recently. Decided last year to get back into bikes after 20+ years away.

But what do I know, what do I need to know ? When we have know-it-alls like yourself to tell us when what we actually experienced :rolleyes:

Unless you have something positive to add why not refrain from commenting again?

You are getting confused??
    Its nothing to do with how long you are riding a bike as that won't make any difference???

Have you been refused a test?

I thought you might have being interested in not having to spend money on a power cert you dont need??

Is that not positive???

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

a license which, by the way, was part of the car license up until relatively recently.

Well I passed my car test in 1994, got my first bike provisional in 1995, it was not "part of the car licence" then and that's 25 years ago!

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Goose81

To follow up on this.

Contacted Kawasaki Ireland and they referred me to Bikeworld.

Bikeworld came back this morning (2 weeks later) stating that it will cost €150 for a Certificate of Conformity - absolute joke. Whatever chance they had of me buying my next bike off them, there is none now (and I'm in the market for a brand new Z650 in March/April)

If I was you I would go on the bikeworld website (if they are the importer, which they appear to be if Kawasaki told you to go to the) download the logo off the website and make up your own cert and use that, the tester won't question it.

Edit - they are , so the cert will need to say "Kawasaki Distributors Ireland (K.D.I.) trading as bikeworld"

If you pm me the details eg chassis number etc I will make the cert for you and email it to you to print out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Well then clearly their organization and/or employees are not trained correctly.

Who'd a thunk it?! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Well I passed my car test in 1994, got my first bike provisional in 1995, it was not "part of the car licence" then and that's 25 years ago!

Car Licence since 1986.
    Even back then we had to have a separate Provisional for Bikes, as they were not included.

Off topic I know, but up until the late '90s (possibly even after that) most Car Insurer's "driving other Cars" sections also included M/Cycles, if you had a Licence for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,064 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Well then clearly their organization and/or employees are not trained correctly.

If it can't be restricted to meet category A2, then it's definitely an A bike, so no problem.

If it's an "A, A2 if Restricted" bike then they might need proof that it's not restricted. But the only real proof is a dyno :)

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭Goose81

The lesson learned here is buy a proper bike to do the test on to get an A, there are a reason every instructor uses a bloody bandit because they are easy to drive and have the power for the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Goose81 wrote: »
    The lesson learned here is buy a proper bike to do the test on to get an A, there are a reason every instructor uses a bloody bandit because they are easy to drive and have the power for the test.
    Are you saying a Yamaha FZ6 isn't a common as muck 600cc cat A bike that is clearly on the advertised list on their own website?

Because the tester didn't! - "If it's not on the logbook or stated on something from an official garage, you can't go out on it."

Mulhuddart test centre by the way.

Agreed.
    Any problem with a bike not being accepted for test that is on the RSA list then report the examinner to driver testing & you will get another test arranged as the examinner cant refuse it on power requirements

Are you saying a Yamaha FZ6 isn't a common as muck 600cc cat A bike that is clearly on the advertised list on their own website?

Because the tester didn't! - "If it's not on the logbook or stated on something from an official garage, you can't go out on it."

Mulhuddart test centre by the way.

FZ6 is a category A bike & is on the RSA list so no further proof of power required.

If you were refused a test on power grounds report the examiner to driver testing.
    You will get a new test arranged & will be able to use your bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Acquiescence

have you been refused a test?

I thought you might have being interested in not having to spend money on a power cert you dont need??

Is that not positive???

KW was incorrect on my VRC. Queried it with tester a couple of days before my test. He said I wouldn't be able to sit the test without proof of KW.

My bike is on the RSA list.

Personally I'd rather be wrong and tested when scheduled than right and pootling home to complain to the RSA.

KW was incorrect on my VRC. Queried it with tester a couple of days before my test. He said I wouldn't be able to sit the test without proof of KW.

My bike is on the RSA list.

Personally I'd rather be wrong and tested when scheduled than right and pootling home to complain to the RSA.

Well he will go by whats on it so if its incorrect (under 50kw) he wont take it & he is right not to.

If it blank he has to take it

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Acquiescence

Well he will go by whats on it so if its incorrect (under 50kw) he wont take it & he is right not to.

If it blank he has to take it

It was around 5 million KW.

I believe it's a default with imports sometimes.

I showed him the bike on the RSA list.

He said he would still require proof so I got some.

It was around 5 million KW.

I believe it's a default with imports sometimes.

I showed him the bike on the RSA list.

He said he would still require proof so I got some.
    Yes thats a get out code on the computer 5555555.

Examiner is wrong & needs reporting or he will just keep doing this & go get himself another coffee & have another hour break!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement