Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming lessons

Options
  • 24-08-2020 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a place to send kids for swimming lessons in or around the Swords area.

I see ALSAA do them but I'm not sure if you have to be a member too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

PSLC in Portmarnock do them. I think i saw non-members prices before but couldn't tell you how much. It might be on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Thanks - I see ALSAA have non member prices but we need to be signed in by a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Sportslink down towards Santry. Not sure do you have to be member or not but below link might have the information.

https://sportslink.ie/swimlink/#swimminglessons

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

Gym plus in swords do them in conjunction with swim Ireland. Available for non members

Also I think roganstown Hotel do them as well i know they have waterlilies there but think they have lessons for older kids

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Jacovs wrote: »
    Sportslink down towards Santry. Not sure do you have to be member or not but below link might have the information.

https://sportslink.ie/swimlink/#swimminglessons

You need to be a member in Sportslink but its not expensive to join and you only pay when you go. Great pool for the kids with waves and slides etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You need to be a member in Sportslink but its not expensive to join and you only pay when you go. Great pool for the kids with waves and slides etc.

Slightly off-topic but what's the pool like for adults, are the facilities clean etc?? I'm thinking of joining purely to use the pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Slightly off-topic but what's the pool like for adults, are the facilities clean etc?? I'm thinking of joining purely to use the pool.

Always find them clean. 25 m lane swimming and leisure pool available.

Only showers on the poolside open at the moment so you can't really have a proper shower, just a rinse.

Check the lane availability at the times you would be using it as there are swim lessons on too

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

National Aquatic Center. Not a million miles away

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Mine do lessons in ALSAA swimming club.We aren't members and have no need for members to sign us in.

If you want to go for a random swim there you need a member to sign you in but if you want lessons, no membership is required.Ring the pool, they will give you lesson times every evening of the week, then ALSAA club do Sunday morning lessons, and there are a few others - Rush and Lusk swimming club and that- that do them.

Otherwise, try Sportslink in Santry, ALSC in Portmarnock (although hard to get in), the gym in Applewood (used to be Energie Fitness?), or possibly Roganstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭Pipmae

The best place for swimming lessons by a mile is Little Sharks who operate from Trinity Pool in Donaghmede. They are excellent. Classes of no more than 6 per group and there is an instructor poolside and one in the water for each level.

I cannot recommend them highly enough. My daughter is on week 2 of an intensive week of 40 mins a day and she's flying. They have a FB page and can be contacted through that.

I initially went to them when they operated out of Gormanston College swimming pool but they had to terminate the lessons there due to the pool being closed for health and safety reasons. I now do a 35 minute drive each way to Donaghmede to get to them - it's worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Thanks for all the replies.

Do most places allow non members in for a swim PAYG style? We might bring them with us for a few weeks then try the lessons.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Not really.Portmarnock does, Aura Leisure in Drogheda does....Energie fitness (sorry, what is it now!!) Used to do a family pass of 10 swims for amount X but I believe they have discontinued that.ALSAA used to let you do a trial or "assessment" class.

To be honest you would have to ring to find out.But Portmarnock and Aura are both public pools, so you can definitely swim at those PAYG - just check their timetables.

Advertisement