Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free Olight I1R2 (Worth £19.95) Tonight From 8pm

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭jpb1974

I had an order that included paid for torch as well at 9pm on Monday, only got the dpd email/text at 11am this morning. It wasn't just you.

Ya... it really looks like they're not operating on a first in first out basis, and I'd swear they've given the "freebie only" orders priority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Thanks OP. Got a green torch this morning.

Matter of interest, did anyone get a torch that was not green?

They've confirmed with me that "freebie only" orders are dispatching faster.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

duridian wrote: »
    Ha - doesn't seem so! I got a green one too. Must have been the low seller in the range. :p
    Thirdfox wrote: »
    https://olightworld.com/olight-i1r-2-eos-black - here is the technical specifications btw - and after checking Aliexpress it seems that £5 is a reasonable discount price for the item - ordered one too.

Here's a slightly worse torch for $5.34 on aliexpress: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000214644098.html

And a slightly more comparable one for around $9: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000214644098.html

^ Of course if ordering from Aliexpress items can take 2-3 months to arrive - especially right now with the pandemic.
    As someone with a torch fetish, cheap Aliexpress ones wouldn't compare with Olights. I've got torches from Aliexpress and while they mostly work, the build quality is poor and they won't last. And as you say - take months to even get here.

This is the green one beside the ever popular i3E with 10c coin for reference. :)

2I4OJQN.png

Mine, ordered 8pm when the promo started, is black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Still no sign of mine. Both tracking numbers say Order data received from seller

Email exchanges with OLIGHT went south...

After establishing that customers who had ordered paid torches were paying second fiddle to freebie customers, OLIGHT more or less told me that if I had a problem with that they'd be happy to issue me a refund. It did come off a bit passive aggressive in my mind, so I took them up on their offer and cancelled. Gotta admit, putting paying customers behind freebie customers wouldn't be how I'd run my business, but it is what is is.

I'm paraphrasing mind.. there was no heated words between either party. The guy at the other end was quick to reply to emails and issue a refund.

Anyway.. no big deal, not right up there on my list of first world problems ;)

PS. Very good torches, own three (house, car, keychain) and far better than anything from China I've owned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Offer still working, just ordered one now. It showed as dispatched almost instantly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Mine was red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Waesfjord

got the usual green one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

My brother recieved a black one and 2 of my friends each received a red one. I would have liked a red myself but sure that was the luck of the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I got black.
    Would have preferred a colour as it would be easier spot, I've managed to lose it three times already. Definitely belongs on the end of a keychain. Nice for the money though.
    Thank you OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

I did not need one, can't imagine a user for one..
    Got one, again....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭CH3OH

It is so small, I should have ordered a spare! I will definitely lose it.

524517.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,933 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Got mine today it's a very handy little thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

Mine arrived this morning. Its some light for the size of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is there 4 colours as I got a grey one?

TYf2dYf.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

They added desert tan to the free ones too l. That's the one you got. Not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

I wonder what will my 2nd one be!

I still haven't got either of mine :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Discodog wrote: »
    I still haven't got either of mine :(

That's messed up! Since I RECEIVED mine, I've told a work colleague about it and they've received theirs now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Got mine today, green as seems to be the majority. I'd seen the pics posted here but still didn't appreciate just how tiny the torch really is! Good light out of it but it's not something I'd have paid more than the fiver for personally.

Finally my two arrived. The DPD guy said that they were a pain :pac:

He had loads to deliver & the packages are too small to put in the back of the van.

Can understand the negative remarks. This is a super little torch & easily worth a lot more than €5.

I currently have the i3E on my keys - have to decided whether to put this one on instead.

Thanks OP

Discodog wrote: »
    Finally my two arrived. The DPD guy said that they were a pain :pac:

He had loads to deliver & the packages are too small to put in the back of the van.

Can understand the negative remarks. This is a super little torch & easily worth a lot more than €5.

I currently have the i3E on my keys - have to decided whether to put this one on instead.

Thanks OP

Both mine were just put through the letterbox, so I guess they didn't have to worry about waiting for the door to be answered etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Gunner5

Heh, my driver had a good system in place. His 2 kids were in the van and they passed it out to me out the window.. ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Basil3 wrote: »
    Both mine were just put through the letterbox, so I guess they didn't have to worry about waiting for the door to be answered etc.

Since COVID all delivery services put deliveries inside my porch including An Post who used never do it. It's kind of annoying as An Post left a package with a Pixel 3A in my porch. Anyone could have taken it.

bromley52 wrote: »
    Since COVID all delivery services put deliveries inside my porch including An Post who used never do it. It's kind of annoying as An Post left a package with a Pixel 3A in my porch. Anyone could have taken it.

DPD did contactless for us for a period of time, ringing the doorbell then walking away.

Our An Post postman has delivered the same as always, waiting at the door. The only difference is that he was working 7 days a week :D

You'd be fairly unlucky to catch Covid from a one second interaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 146 ✭✭Aidan Harney

Seems to be all over, done, kaput now.
    Went in to swoop for a few more on the basis that the one I got was good.
    A green one by the way!

Ah well....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Pity, was going to go for another one after the first one arrived on Saturday and impressed me a lot. On the higher setting, it's about as bright as or maybe slightly brighter than the smallest LED Maglite, but it's a smaller package overall and has better features with the two brightness settings and the fact that it's rechargeable. It also has a better-focussed light than the Mag, without the annoying dark spot in the middle. Great little torch, think I'll be looking at other Olights in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Got one. Impressive brightness for the size of it (it's really small). Thanks OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

....Great to hang in the car so's not to accidently leave the reading light on : ), not that it matters, mine today green one: ), cant imagine that anyone would pay 20 for it...cheers OP.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Got mine yesterday after a delay with shipping. A black one for me.
    Must say I'm very impressed with the build quality and brightness, thanks OP.

I'm now looking at their other items to see what else I don't need :D

Advertisement