If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yamaha receiver Repair?

Options
  • 24-08-2020 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi Richer Sounds,

Unfortunately my AV receiver,  Yamaha RXA830, has started acting up  - no sound when initially turned on and then it only works when it warms up. Picture is fine but audio comes in and out :(

Do you know where I could get this receiver serviced in the Republic of Ireland? I am based in Dublin.

Thanks,
    ArcticFox

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

ArcticFox wrote: »
    Hi Richer Sounds,

Unfortunately my AV receiver,  Yamaha RXA830, has started acting up  - no sound when initially turned on and then it only works when it warms up. Picture is fine but audio comes in and out :(

Do you know where I could get this receiver serviced in the Republic of Ireland? I am based in Dublin.

Thanks,
    ArcticFox
    Hi ArticFox.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your RXA830.

We can offer out of warranty repairs but you would need to ship the unit back to us here at the Belfast store.
    There is a £50 estimate fee to be paid and then we would return it to the repair agent who would come back with a price to repair.
    The £50 estimate fee would come off the final bill. 

If it was too expensive to repair you would get the unit back but lose the £50 estimate fee.

I'm not sure of somewhere in Dublin that would offer a repair but Yamaha list Conor Farren - YASC - 1, RED COW RETAIL CENTRE DUBLIN 22.

I'm not familiar with them but they are on Yamaha's won website.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ArcticFox

Kenny,

Thank you, I appreciate the quick response. Unfortunately the repair centre noted above only caters for guitar amps. I will have another look online and see what's available. I want to ensure that I get an 'expert' who's handled products like this before.

ArcticFox

Kenny,

Thank you, I appreciate the quick response. Unfortunately the repair centre noted above only caters for guitar amps. I will have another look online and see what's available. I want to ensure that I get an 'expert' who's handled products like this before.

Jonathan
    Hey ArticFox.

I'll also see if I can find another for you.

Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭doctorchopper

I used the hifi hospital in blanchardstown to repair my yamaha reciever, they were excellent, not sure if they are in Dublin anymore, website says Kells. 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi

You could also try Lawless Brothers
    https://www.lawlessbros.com/hifi-repairs.html

Regards Stephen

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I second Stephen - Lawless Bros in Malahide are great with Yamaha and they are proper Authorised agents - and if you tell them we sent you they will really look after you.

..it will mean a trip across town to the NORDSIDE tho' :|

Hope that's helpful but as ever keep us posted if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks doctorchopper, Stephen and John! 

(PS Those Northsiders are always lawless :D)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

'Ere! Leave it out - I'm a Southsider who defected ;)

Keep us posted Arctic,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

UPDATE:

Had a family day out in Malahide, walked by the sea, had some lovely food and importantly, dropped my Amp into Lawless Bros! 

Inspection fee €30 up front until they can assess what the problem is. Should find out the damage in 1-2 weeks time.......fingers crossed everyone!

UPDATE:

Had a family day out in Malahide, walked by the sea, had some lovely food and importantly, dropped my Amp into Lawless Bros! 

Inspection fee €30 up front until they can assess what the problem is. Should find out the damage in 1-2 weeks time.......fingers crossed everyone!
    Hey ArticFox.

That's good news.

Fingers crossed you get sorted.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.