Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seat posts

Options
  • 24-08-2020 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Gotten out and around Ticknock over the last few weeks for the first time I've been MTBing in years. I realised my seat post is too narrow for the frame, so I've to get a new one anyway, I was just wondering what's the done thing at the moment?

I did a lot of MTBing in the 90s, when you just had your QR saddle and popped it up and down as needed. I have neither the funds or the spousal approval to spend €100 on a hydraulic dropper post.

I found this; https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08D9P4PLG?pf_rd_r=9QEC2W49GZVA6AHHENHH&pf_rd_p=e632fea2-678f-4848-9a97-bcecda59cb4e

Is this gimmicky Chinese rubbish and I should stick to a regular post, or is there are another option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

BrandX post on Chain Reaction, cheap and reliable

(Unfortunately not €100 cheap but worth the extra euros)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭TooObvious

If you haven't the cash stick to a regular post. Old school XC.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Cheers, I'll grab a standard post for now and stick a dropper on my Santy list :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

If you've never used a dropper post then it seems like the most ludicrous extravagant thing possible. But after you've used one it becomes as essential as a suspension fork.

Advertisement