Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

KS lev dropper post repair

• 24-08-2020 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Anyone recommend a decent mechanic..South Dublin
    Ordered the part online just need it fitted.
    Getting quoted 2 to 3 weeks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

TSS GFC wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a decent mechanic..South Dublin
    Ordered the part online just need it fitted.
    Getting quoted 2 to 3 weeks

Depending on the part they're not that difficult to repair yourself if you're anyway handy. Plenty of walkthroughs and instructions on the web.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 TSS GFC

JazzyJ wrote: »
    Depending on the part they're not that difficult to repair yourself if you're anyway handy. Plenty of walkthroughs and instructions on the web.

Patience is a virtue I no longer possess....Im getting quoted 2 to 3 weeks from LBS'S

JazzyJ wrote: »

Had I payed for that job and waited the 2 to 3 weeks I would have been rightly peeved....
    Another place wanted to send it to the UK!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,073 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

TSS GFC wrote:
    Patience is a virtue I no longer possess....Im getting quoted 2 to 3 weeks from LBS'S

Was waiting about that myself, sent away, should have just bought a cheaper one, tis completely fcuked now

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Was waiting about that myself, sent away, should have just bought a cheaper one, tis completely fcuked now

I might be going down that road...
    hopefully the silicone spray will work..
    She goes down no bother but coming back up has to be helped....OHH Matron :D
    No doubt age related

• Advertisement

TSS GFC wrote:
    I might be going down that road... hopefully the silicone spray will work.. She goes down no bother but coming back up has to be helped....OHH Matron No doubt age related

Ah mine done that, great if you get it going again, mine eventually gave up the ghost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

All of the bike shops are slammed the last few months with some having to close workshops to new customers. If you buy parts online you won't be too far up the list with most at the moment.

nak wrote:
    All of the bike shops are slammed the last few months with some having to close workshops to new customers. If you buy parts online you won't be too far up the list with most at the moment.

Scary time for them I'm sure, gonna be a difficult winter for them

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Ah mine done that, great if you get it going again, mine eventually gave up the ghost

Finally got back on the trails and the dropper is banjoed!:(
    Was told Expert cycles might do a service but can only imagine it might be a cheaper option to buy a new one....?
    Any recommendations on a new post?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Peter T

I've a brand X dropper on one of my bikes. Have it about one and a half years with no issues and easy to install and has never let me down.

My other bike has a rockshox reverb probably due a service in reality but I ended up having to bleed it at one stage and was a total pain in the ass. Stopped going up on one spin but wasn't much of an issue on the day. My issues are more lack of maintenance then the post itself really. I'll service the reverb over the next few weeks but any more issues and I'll be replacing with a brand X.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

+1 on BrandX. I had a Reverb for a few years, constant issues with it. Needed servicing at least once a year. BrandX has been perfect for the last 18 months.

Was looking at the Brand x on chain reaction at lunch seem fairly reasonable...
    Any preference think I spotted two models?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭JazzyJ

TSS GFC wrote: »
    Finally got back on the trails and the dropper is banjoed!:(
    Was told Expert cycles might do a service but can only imagine it might be a cheaper option to buy a new one....?
    Any recommendations on a new post?
    Cheers

What part is damaged? As I said before a lot of the time they're not difficult to fix.

TSS GFC wrote:
    Was looking at the Brand x on chain reaction at lunch seem fairly reasonable... Any preference think I spotted two models?

Been highly recommended brand x, I must sit down and figure out what to get

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Wailin

If going brand x just make sure it's the right one for your frame ie internal or external routing. Got one for my hardtail and they are the business. All you need to decide then is 125mm or 150mm and the correct diameter of course too.

Advertisement