Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

electric shower and ceramic coating bath and tiles

• 24-08-2020 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I have an apt which has a shower system where the water has to be heated in the tank .....would it be expensive to have an electrician fit a shower which has its own water heater

As a follow up question the bathroom looks in very bad condition but i am too mean to replace everything ...would re-coating tiles, bathtub ect work as an economical alternative to replacement

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

jeffwebb36 wrote:
    I have an apt which has a shower system where the water has to be heated in the tank .....would it be expensive to have an electrician fit a shower which has its own water heater

Depends on what part of ireland you live in and your plumbing setup. In Dublin you will pay 750 supplied & fitted, give or take. Being an apartment most likely the cable will be run surface from fuse box to pull cord switch and into the shower. Dedicated half Inch pipe will most likely also be surface from water tank to the shower. They will be boxed in, in pvc trunking & this can be painted over

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jeffwebb36

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Depends on what part of ireland you live in and your plumbing setup. In Dublin you will pay 750 supplied & fitted, give or take. Being an apartment most likely the cable will be run surface from fuse box to pull cord switch and into the shower. Dedicated half Inch pipe will most likely also be surface from water tank to the shower. They will be boxed in, in pvc trunking & this can be painted over

thank you for someone who calls himself sleeper you are the most awake person

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jeffwebb36

I am thinking of having a new bath in the bathroom and the rest of it reglazed
    with new lights ect should i put the independent shower up first or do the reglazing ect first

• Registered Users Posts: 21 faith76

In terms of electricity bills, which option would charge less money? the new electric shower or the original shower system where the water has to be heated (gas heater I think) in the tank ?

faith76 wrote:
    In terms of electricity bills, which option would charge less money? the new electric shower or the original shower system where the water has to be heated (gas heater I think) in the tank ?

Usually a 5 minute shower in an electric costs less than a regular shower with water heated by electricity or gas in the hot water cylinder.

Electric shower is A energy rated. You only heat the water you actually use. There is little or no wasted energy with electric showers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 faith76

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Usually a 5 minute shower in an electric costs less than a regular shower with water heated by electricity or gas in the hot water cylinder.

Electric shower is A energy rated. You only heat the water you actually use. There is little or no wasted energy with electric showers

That's interesting. I would like to get one installed in the bathroom if the landlord allows that. Thank you very much.

faith76 wrote:
    That's interesting. I would like to get one installed in the bathroom if the landlord allows that. Thank you very much.

You'll be looking at around 750 euros supplied & fitted. Most landlords will be reluctant to spend this sort of money

Advertisement