Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mondello driving experience booking cancelled due to Covid, no refund offered

Options
  • 24-08-2020 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭

Had a booking for driving experience in Mondello this weekend.

With the restrictions around Kildare in place they are not open to anyone our side Kildare, which I am, and they cannot allow us attend.

I have asked for a refund but they have only offered a voucher. We paid by card in June for this booking.

Would I be right to assume a refund is expected due to the restrictions around Kildare and not being allowed to attend the race track?

Can anyone point me in the direction of any law/regulation around this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭sooty1

Check the small print - we had one booked for the north and like that couldn't go.......the small print in terms and conditions said no refunds would be given, just an alternative date

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

sooty1 wrote: »
    Check the small print - we had one booked for the north and like that couldn't go.......the small print in terms and conditions said no refunds would be given, just an alternative date

https://mondellopark.ie/mondello-park-terms-and-conditions/

Very light on details in the T&C's. Says to contact for alternative date but those dates do no suit.

I get that Covid is not their fault but it's not mine either.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Get a copy of the cancellation by email, initiate a sepa refund with your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

They can offer you an alternative date, so can't see the issue.

Sometimes inclement weather forces Cancellation, and they just offer alternative dates.

If you don't live in Kildare, it would have been government restrictions that prevented you from taking the drive

The t&cs are light and simple. (pity others are not as clear). So your voucher is still valid for another date.

Advertisement