Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lawn Cut

Options
  • 24-08-2020 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I'm going to throw down some weed/moss killer onto the lawn later. Giving it a cut first. Is it best to cut the lawn at the lowest setting on the mower?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Highest! Gradually lower but do not go too low - 2.5 in/6 cm is ideal for "lawn"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

Total waste putting down weed and feed today, it will essentially just be a diluted feed with all the rain forecast for tonight and tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Best wait until Saturday we might have two dry days this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

secman wrote: »
    Total waste putting down weed and feed today, it will essentially just be a diluted feed with all the rain forecast for tonight and tomorrow

Are you not supposed to put it down before rain? So it gets watered in?
    Or is there too much rain on the way?

It's this stuff:

Untitled-design-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

The weeding part needs 3 dry days to work, so ideallly put it down when you see 3 dry days followed by rain.

• Advertisement

Cool. Thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    Hi.

I'm going to throw down some weed/moss killer onto the lawn later. Giving it a cut first. Is it best to cut the lawn at the lowest setting on the mower?

Thanks.

Wouldn't think it a good idea on a new lawn!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Follow the instructions.

Most say to wait a few days after cutting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭GrumpyMe

_Brian wrote: »
    Follow the instructions....

Newly Sown Lawns:All newly sown lawns / laid turf must be established for twelve months.
    https://www.hygeia.ie/site/uploads/pdfs/lawn-feed-weed-mosskiller.pdf

GrumpyMe wrote: »
    Wouldn't think it a good idea on a new lawn!

Hi. I meant i'm giving it a cut first, i.e. before i apply the weedkiller/mosskiller....not it's first cut....it's an old lawn... but thanks for trying to help!

• Advertisement

_Brian wrote: »
    Follow the instructions.

Most say to wait a few days after cutting.

I cut yesterday, so hopefully can get a few suitable days to apply towards the end of the week. Cheers.

Advertisement