Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUD First Year

• 24-08-2020 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Got accepted into TUD and I'm doing Visual Communications (Graphic Design)! I have registered to the college with SUSI and you don't need to pay any fees atm. When I used the student services online (mail, drive,etc), I didn't know which password to use so I said forgotten password (didn't even sign up for password services at this point) and later on when I looked at the invitation to register email, I found out that there was a password to use when using them. I felt so stupid. Luckily, I emailed the IT department and they resetted the password for me so I was able to use the student online facilities. I'm looking forward to starting but one thing that I want to talk about is did anyone get an acknowledgement email in their college account saying info about orientation because I know I didn't -.-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paperpieces

I'm starting a master's at TUD this year and also never received the acknowledgement email that the invitation to register said I would receive. They had a link in the registration email that was supposed to give information on orientation but it goes to a 404 page. No idea how to get a student card, see my timetable or anything about my course. Feeling very lost at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 The Casual Revolution

I know it drives me nuts! I'll send them an email.

They said this (which was very quick),

Hi <snip.>

Some of the confirmation emails aren't being delivered, unfortunately. Our IT Dept. are looking in to this at the moment. Hopefully it should arrive soon.

I've checked your student record and can confirm you are fully registered for this academic year.

Kind Regards,

Adam

Thank you, hopefully it'll come through soon then!

Thank you, hopefully it'll come through soon then!
    I hope it will. If it comes in late, I'll be having a conniption. I'm not messing when I say this but you would think a college of its size and caliber would be sending out confirmation emails at this time.

• Advertisement

I think most under and postgrads are experiencing the same problem as well.

So my registration email came through just now with links to orientation schedule and student card collection... which both go to 404 pages. Sigh.

So my registration email came through just now with links to orientation schedule and student card collection... which both go to 404 pages. Sigh.

That is weird. Mine didn't come through. I am more worried now and I need to start thinking strategically.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dowhatyoulove

That is weird. Mine didn't come through. I am more worried now and I need to start thinking strategically.

I’m a mature student and haven’t heard much from them - I emailed before and asked but they made me feel like I was an inconvenience, hoping this isn’t indicative of the year ahead

I’m a mature student and haven’t heard much from them - I emailed before and asked but they made me feel like I was an inconvenience, hoping this isn’t indicative of the year ahead

I emailed them and this is what they said, it is an IT issue:
    Hi <snip.>

Some of the confirmation emails aren't being delivered, unfortunately. Our IT Dept. are looking in to this at the moment. Hopefully it should arrive soon.

I've checked your student record and can confirm you are fully registered for this academic year.

Kind Regards,

Adam

• Advertisement

Has anyone been able to access info for their course orientation or student card collection yet? The links I was emailed still both go to 404 pages. Fired off an email to student services just now asking about them.

Has anyone been able to access info for their course orientation or student card collection yet? The links I was emailed still both go to 404 pages. Fired off an email to student services just now asking about them.

I know so ridic...
    Anyway.... did you get a reply yet?

Here's what they said:

"The links are not working at the moment. Our IT services are working on them. Please check in at the end of the week. We might have a better idea of when the links will be back up and running."

So more waiting!

Here's what they said:

"The links are not working at the moment. Our IT services are working on them. Please check in at the end of the week. We might have a better idea of when the links will be back up and running."

So more waiting!

Gotta be patient then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 linz123

Go to the new student section on the website that is updated once in awhile with various bits of information they are facing a new set of circumstances due to the pandemic I assume it’s taking time to get through everything.

linz123 wrote: »
    Go to the new student section on the website that is updated once in awhile with various bits of information they are facing a new set of circumstances due to the pandemic I assume it’s taking time to get through everything.

Yeah I have seen some provisional timetables on there

Hey guys,

Orientation schedules are out!
    https://tudublin.ie/for-students/starting-at-tu-dublin/getting-started/

No 404s!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Same,was in touch the other day about a schedule they sent me for this week,they said I was sent it in error and I should ignore but it looks like helpful info and I feel I'm going to miss out.

Still have no student ID or anything from them at all really,disappointing

EoinHef wrote: »
    Same,was in touch the other day about a schedule they sent me for this week,they said I was sent it in error and I should ignore but it looks like helpful info and I feel I'm going to miss out.

Still have no student ID or anything from them at all really,disappointing

There is a link up above if you want to see the orientation schedule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

There is a link up above if you want to see the orientation schedule.

That makes a lot more sense thank you for that.

So an email should arrive before Thursday.

Best of luck this year all!

• Advertisement
Advertisement