Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you run a food van out of a rented property?

Options
  • 24-08-2020 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am looking to rent a unit. Can you serve food out of a food van inside the unit? Do you need a special licence?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Assume you mean an industrial type unit with a roller shutter door or something otherwise can't see how you'd get the truck in?

Other than the HSE licence for the truck itself, there are no other licences required as such however it's very possible that you could run into issues with planning permission on the unit. Unlikely such a unit would have such permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

MadForInfo wrote: »
    I am looking to rent a unit. Can you serve food out of a food van inside the unit? Do you need a special licence?

Do you mean the Food truck parked outside the unit, actually inside the unit.

You might have ventilation issues if you are running a generator indoor, or would you hook up to the units electricity supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

There is a food truck doing something like this in Annacotty Business Park in Limerick, they rented a cafe unit and hooked up to the electricity from there, they use the unit as storage for the moment.

I don’t know about regular units though but maybe this helps you somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MadForInfo

Chiorino wrote: »
    Assume you mean an industrial type unit with a roller shutter door or something otherwise can't see how you'd get the truck in?

Other than the HSE licence for the truck itself, there are no other licences required as such however it's very possible that you could run into issues with planning permission on the unit. Unlikely such a unit would have such permission.[/quote

Yes sorry industrial unit is what I ment.
    I contacted a auctioneer today about it.

I am looking to try put several small food trailers in with it. Mini food hall kind of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MadForInfo

Do you mean the Food truck parked outside the unit, actually inside the unit.

You might have ventilation issues if you are running a generator indoor, or would you hook up to the units electricity supply.

Inside the unit. Would connect it up to the electricity in the unit. Would have extractor for the van

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Chiorino wrote: »

Other than the HSE licence for the truck itself, there are no other licences required as such however it's very possible that you could run into issues with planning permission on the unit. Unlikely such a unit would have such permission.[/quote

Yes sorry industrial unit is what I ment.
    I contacted a auctioneer today about it.

I am looking to try put several small food trailers in with it. Mini food hall kind of thing

PM me if you want some more info on this. Might be something I can advise on.

Advertisement