Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Dublin set for riots in the late 2020s/2030s?

Options
  • 25-08-2020 1:03am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

If we look at the Paris Riots in 2005 and the London Riots in 2011, the main theme was tension in multicultural areas of the city. Some say that it doesn't work in Europe when migrants are unable assimilate.

Given that Dublin is relatively new to migration (only happened majorly since the mid-90s,) is it only a matter of decades before we have our own riots?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭amacca

yes I predict a riot

.....highly probably next Wednesday week if we take all salient factors into account.

What do you call a traveller with a clock? A time bandit. Dust down that DeLorean in the museum and fire up the flux capacitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Will there be a riot in the next 20 years? Yeah probably

• Registered Users Posts: 25,494 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I don’t see it myself. People who come here are facilitated well. Accommodation, food, advice, healthcare, cash and other services. Why riot ?

IF for some reasons it might kick off I’d be unconfident as to their ability, not as individuals but as an organization in terms of resources to successfully deal. I’ve lived in Paris and spent a good deal of time in London. The French riot police (CRS) take no prisoners, literally in many situations, for example no social distancing in bars....

CRS...

https://news.sky.com/story/anti-riot-police-storm-paris-bar-during-champions-league-final-12055365

Because initially of no social distancing and poor levels of mask wearing..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I don't think there will be riots because of some systemic societal issue, just that 20 years is a long time and we will have more climate change and the unrest that will lead to globally which will be a contagion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Dublin could do with a few riots to clean up the ground level architecture around O'Connell St and remove all that Capitalist neon from the Great Satan Ronald et al.

There's nothing like a riot to spruce things up. Here's one in Laois when they had a lockdown due to a bad flu in '65. Place went mental so it did.
    https://youtu.be/_pCKfQdCQ2U

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

Not another roundabout racial discussion...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,376 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Jesus, can we try to get to the end of 2020 in one piece first! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭Polar101

Saturday, November 20th, 2027 at 2pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

We'll probably see one by the end of the year but it won't have anything to do with multiculturalism. Too many unemployed bored people will have had enough of this government and riot in the streets.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,640 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Not a Current Affair

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement