Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exit fee

Options
  • 25-08-2020 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Hi, 
    I have recently moved household electricity supply from Electric Ireland to a new supplier. 

Having received my final bill just now, I see an early exit fee of €50 has been applied. As a result, I have closely studied all seven bills which were issued to me over the last 12 months. When noting billing periods and the stated total number of days printed on each bill, I added the billing periods together. The sum total, as per Electric Ireland invoicing comes to 365 days. I paid each bill by direct debit without any issue and find it very cynical that this charge has been applied. 

Can you advise as to the legality of this extra fee considering the total billing period covers 365 days? 

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi DArcy, 

Thank you for getting in touch.

We would like to look into this for you. 

Please send us a private message with your account details. 

For account security, we require the following information; 
    • Your full name
    • Your account number
    • Your address
    • Your contact number
    • Confirmation that you're the account holder (Yes/No)
    Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Advertisement