Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else watching the RNC ATM?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Caught a bit of it on CNN in passing. Who was that loon in the red dress? Her eyes said crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

I watched all of it. It was insane. Absolutely swivel eyed loons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

A father speaking about his murdered daughter a loon

TDS in full view

• Registered Users Posts: 26,986 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

It's just extraordinary that any normal, functioning democratic country would not look at itself and ask is this really normal. I saw some of it and "unhinged" is the kindest word I can come up with to describe this troubling display. Just alarming that after even a fraction of what Trump has said and done that anyone let alone a main political party could nominate him. I get him being elected but mother of God its just beyond belief at this stage, what's more scary is he coukd actually be reelected albeit using every dirty trick in the book.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭SlowMotion321

They made Scientologists point and say "and you call us a cult!"

All Hail the leader!
    All Hail the leader!
    Seig Heil her leader!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 280 ✭✭CertifiedSimp

Dempo1 wrote: »
    It's just extraordinary that any normal, functioning democratic country would not look at itself and ask is this really normal. I saw some of it and "unhinged" is the kindest word I can come up with to describe this troubling display. Just alarming that after even a fraction of what Trump has said and done that anyone let alone a main political party could nominate him. I get him being elected but mother of God its just beyond belief at this stage, what's more scary is he coukd actually be reelected albeit using every dirty trick in the book.

Trump didn't get Trump elected. Obama did.

A lot of Americans felt forgotten about. Jobs lost to abroad and never recovered from 2008.

I'm surprised people wonder how it happened when the exact same thing is happening here with Sinn Fein. The people feel forgotten about and not listened to. We've had a housing crisis since 2013 and still there's not been any improvements. FG etc. just look like they care about "economy" and piling as many jobs from mulitnationals as possible to increase the tax take.

Who cares if it means more pressure on the already tight housing market, sure you've a job don't you?

Refugees shipped into hotels. Tourists flown into houses. Some Irish on the streets, some paying rent towards 3k a room, others getting free houses in D4 when they shouldn't.

I'm surprised people wonder how it happened when the exact same thing is happening here with Sinn Fein. The people feel forgotten about and not listened to. We've had a housing crisis since 2013 and still there's not been any improvements. FG etc. just look like they care about "economy" and piling as many jobs from mulitnationals as possible to increase the tax take.

Who cares if it means more pressure on the already tight housing market, sure you've a job don't you?

Refugees shipped into hotels. Tourists flown into houses. Some Irish on the streets, some paying rent towards 3k a room, others getting free houses in D4 when they shouldn't.

All valid and discussable points! For the right thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I'll just read the Irish media's reports on it, which I'm sure will be balanced and impartial.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

4 more years, 4 more years! FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

enno99 wrote: »
    A father speaking about his murdered daughter a loon

TDS in full view

"TDS" is just a way for the right to shut down debate and not listen to opposing opinions.

• Advertisement

"TDS" is just a way for the right to shut down debate and not listen to opposing opinions.

Just like when the left cry "whataboutery"?

There are plenty of pro and anti Rep posters around here, I have made no secret of my own views on 'tother thread, are there any fence sitters out there who are prompted to lean either way?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I just watched a clip of Don Jnrs girlfriend Kimberely Guilfoyle speak at it. She just shouted and shouted like a mad raving lunatic. Im sure that will rile of the Trump base but it wont doing anything to convince undecideds or intending Biden voters to swing over to Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Were the Falwells at it?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Edgware wrote: »

First time watching American politics ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Edgware wrote: »

12 more years actually I believe it was he was looking for them to chant. FWIW, I don't see Trump conceding defeat and giving up the presidency easy.

Such a way it will be to round off 2020.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gerry Hatrick

keano_afc wrote: »
    I'll just read the Irish media's reports on it, which I'm sure will be balanced and impartial.

They won't be showing this im sure.

Herschel Walker tells people what he thinks of the President

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IPIPyhAGck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Trump didn't get Trump elected. Obama did.

A lot of Americans felt forgotten about. Jobs lost to abroad and never recovered from 2008.

So do you think Trump listens to the people? The country is more divided than ever in modern history, (excusing the Civil War)?
    I agree FG are arrogant and self involved, but like Trump they blame 'the left' for their own policy failings and like Trump they use stupid and childish attack to cover for flawed social policy. FG are more akin to Trump today IMO.
    The Republican and FG philosophy is 'go out and help yourself and if you're struggling, go **** yourself'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    12 more years actually I believe it was he was looking for them to chant. FWIW, I don't see Trump conceding defeat and giving up the presidency easy.

Such a way it will be to round off 2020.

Trump said, "Now, if you really want to drive them crazy, say 12 more years,"

A joke but ye all fell for it. It really is driving them crazy :D:D:D:D:D

Bowie wrote: »
    So do you think Trump listens to the people? The country is more divided than ever in modern history, (excusing the Civil War)?
    I agree FG are arrogant and self involved, but like Trump they blame 'the left' for their own policy failings and like Trump they use stupid and childish attack to cover for flawed social policy. FG are more akin to Trump today IMO.
    The Republican and FG philosophy is 'go out and help yourself and if you're struggling, go **** yourself'.

You only think it's more divided than ever because the lefties are the loudest.

Protests and marches is their lifestyle.

Joe was VP when BLM started. How did that happen?

Trump lowered taxes. And if you claim it's only for the wealthy, go read comments online from yanks who say they got more money.

And there was criticism years ago about the defecit. He's looking pretty good now when so many countries have had to loan billions and billions just to stay afloat. The truth is the deficit is meaningless, money can be printed and inflation is staying low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

^^ and you calling that a debate is laughable! Why am I not surprised.

Joe was VP when BLM started. How did that happen? Was he a founding member? What's the relevance of that statment?

Trump lowered taxes. And if you claim it's only for the wealthy, go read comments online from yanks who say they got more money.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

More of the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Just like when the left cry "whataboutery"?

Whataboutery from someone while using the phrase 'whataboutery', so meta, love it :D

More of the same!

What was last nights highlights?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    What was last nights highlights?

Let's see......

Racism

Racism

Taking credit for sh1t they didn't do

and a very shouty woman
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crqPboNDdH8

Other than that pretty much what you would expect, little or no policy!

Oh an all the kids looking like they were on drugs and saying how much they loved daddy the leader!

Looking forward to tonight!

Pence is right. The economy and peoples pensions are going to collapse if Biden gets in. BLM was founded on Bidens watch.

Let's see......

Racism

Racism

Taking credit for sh1t they didn't do

and a very shouty woman
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crqPboNDdH8

Other than that pretty much what you would expect, little or no policy!

Oh an all the kids looking like they were on drugs and saying how much they loved daddy the leader!

Looking forward to tonight!

Watched a bit of it last night and yeah it seemed to be just speaker after speaker telling us 'their story'. Speakers all seemed to have some adversarial event in their lives (breast cancer, legs amputated, etc) but they came back from it because 'America is the greatest country in the world', etc, etc. They were really tapping into that notion of the American comeback story which I believe the population lap up.

But yeah, policy was completely ignored, the convention was just a couple of hours of peoples anecdotes. Anyone watching it wouldnt have a clue what the Trump administration plans for the next four years, they never even outlined it.

Pence is right. The economy and peoples pensions are going to collapse if Biden gets in. BLM was founded on Bidens watch.

Again with this! I fail to see the relevance of this statement! Was he a founding member? Is he a member now? BLM was founded because of the police actions against unarmed black people, and would have been if Mickey Mouse was in office!

Argue against the mans policies there is plenty of ammunition, not as much as there is against Trump but at least make a pertinent point!

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Watched a bit of it last night and yeah it seemed to be just speaker after speaker telling us 'their story'. Speakers all seemed to have some adversarial event in their lives (breast cancer, legs amputated, etc) but they came back from it because 'America is the greatest country in the world', etc, etc. They were really tapping into that notion of the American comeback story which I believe the population lap up.

But yeah, policy was completely ignored, the convention was just a couple of hours of peoples anecdotes. Anyone watching it wouldnt have a clue what the Trump administration plans for the next four years, they never even outlined it.

Unfortunately the RNC seem to have the better marketing! And as someone who worked in marketing for a number of years I can see the bullsh1t, unfortunately a lot of people wont!

Advertisement