Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebay purchase - Paypal/ Faulty goods

Options
  • 25-08-2020 6:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭

I am looking fore a little advice here
    I purchased a machine tool , about €800, in March this year . The item was shipped from Czech republic and i assume the seller is located there. The machine tool was made in China, I think, it has now stopped working , after only being used about 20 times.

While i did get a response from the seller initially, there is now silence and i am getting no replies to my messages on ebay. My problem is even getting parts to fix the tool as i know of no other supplier.

I wonder if anyone knows if I have any options with Paypal or my bank?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

rock22 wrote: »
    I am looking fore a little advice here
    I purchased a machine tool , about €800, in March this year . The item was shipped from Czech republic and i assume the seller is located there. The machine tool was made in China, I think, it has now stopped working , after only being used about 20 times.

While i did get a response from the seller initially, there is now silence and i am getting no replies to my messages on ebay. My problem is even getting parts to fix the tool as i know of no other supplier.

I wonder if anyone knows if I have any options with Paypal or my bank?

Thanks for any help

Open a ticket with PayPal, they'll soon respond as PayPal can reverse the transaction is up to them to fix the situation once PayPal act.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Most machine tools are made in China. Can't see why that is any issue at all.

Have you brought it to anyone to get an opinion on what is wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

was it new?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭rock22

Thanks Gooey Looey, OmegaGene, for that advice, I will raise it with PayPal if the seller fails to respond by end of week.

Darc19, I have no problem that it was made in China, I mentioned only because if the purchase is deemed to have been made from a China based seller rather than a seller in EU then I might not have EU consumer protection. The item is a small lathe but weighs over 80 kgs so not too easy to bring to anyone.

Xterminator, yes brand new.

Thanks you all for your replies, it is most helpful.

Advertisement