Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC, preferably an all in one ideas

Options
  • 25-08-2020 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Hello

Looking for a good entry level Gaming PC all i one(preferably) for the young fella 12, it will also have to serve as the family pc, Any body see any good deals for this lately.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Fill out this to help give people a more specific idea of what you're looking for:

1. What is your budget? [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bobchowhut

all in one will not be good for gaming
    low specs little cooling little room for gpu card

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Thanks for the info lads. will fill that out when i discuss with himself tonight

I'm of the opinion it should be an all in one, and the main function of it being a family pc first and foremost, with the gaming secondary. i was kinda looking at pc world or dell or hp. Something handy like that should something with it go wrong. but i'm prob paying a premium for that am i?

thanks for the help will come back to ye later

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

That would not be a good buy at all as it has no dedicated graphics card. It uses integrated graphics on the CPU so it would be very weak for gaming. Is small form factor a must?

• Advertisement

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    That would not be a good buy at all as it has no dedicated graphics card. It uses integrated graphics on the CPU so it would be very weak for gaming. Is small form factor a must?

I would have liked it small but I wouldn't have a notion so I will rely on ye to guide me.

This any good? Add the Q Jump for 80 quid, what else would I need?

Thanks

https://www.palicomp.co.uk/pc_of_the_week_280820

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    I would have liked it small but I wouldn't have a notion so I will rely on ye to guide me.

This any good? Add the Q Jump for 80 quid, what else would I need?

Thanks

https://www.palicomp.co.uk/pc_of_the_week_280820

Depends how much you want to spend really. That base system will be good enough for 40+FPS at low settings in farming simulator and Fortnite (according to youtube videos).

It's not very hard to install a graphics card, if you were comfortable doing that, you could change the CPU to a 2600 for +£50 and pick up a second hand GPU for cheap? Or if you're not comfortable doing that the GTX 1650 or RX 570 for £160 will be more than enough for Fortnite.

A second stick of ram to bring it up to 16gb at 3200mhz for £50 would also be a good investment.

There's lots of good suggestions over in the HUKD comments for that deal actually https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pc-of-the-week-ryzen-3-3200g-vega-8-graphics-8gb-ddr4-240gb-ssd-for-ps250-at-palicomp-3533263

Simi wrote: »
    Depends how much you want to spend really. That base system will be good enough for 40+FPS at low settings in farming simulator and Fortnite (according to youtube videos).

It's not very hard to install a graphics card, if you were comfortable doing that, you could change the CPU to a 2600 for +£50 and pick up a second hand GPU for cheap? Or if you're not comfortable doing that the GTX 1650 or RX 570 for £160 will be more than enough for Fortnite.

A second stick of ram to bring it up to 16gb at 3200mhz for £50 would also be a good investment.

There's lots of good suggestions over in the HUKD comments for that deal actually https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/pc-of-the-week-ryzen-3-3200g-vega-8-graphics-8gb-ddr4-240gb-ssd-for-ps250-at-palicomp-3533263

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/amd-package-ryzen-31001650graphics-16gb-ram-22inch-monitor-kmheadset-package-for-ps55397-3534580
    what about this one would it be good, i need to add what the user has added in the description in BOLD and I'm also thinking of adding windows 10, or can I add that cheaper myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/amd-package-ryzen-31001650graphics-16gb-ram-22inch-monitor-kmheadset-package-for-ps55397-3534580
    what about this one would it be good, i need to add what the user has added in the description in BOLD and I'm also thinking of adding windows 10, or can I add that cheaper myself?

Yeah that's perfect for Fortnite, monitor and all. You can grab a Windows cd key from eBay or other sites for next to nothing. You'll need a PC to download it and write it to a usb stick though.

Advertisement