Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage, not paying tax in Ireland

• 25-08-2020 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hey

Tricky one here.

We want to get a mortgage, my partner is working abroad and is being paid into Irish bank account in euros tax free.

I'm working in Ireland and paying tax etc.

We want to get a joint mortgage, as my partner's earnings are significantly higher than mine.

Will this be possible.
    She will be back full-time in Ireland in a year.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Will she be working for the same employer when she returns and the fact that she is getting paid in Euro is she employed by an Irish Company?

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

Trish56 wrote: »
    Will she be working for the same employer when she returns and the fact that she is getting paid in Euro is she employed by an Irish Company?

No they are not an Irish company.

She will be changing jobs when she's back, she will be leaving the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

To get a mortgage here you need to be in permanent employment for at least 6 months to a year.

Is her employment permanent now or is she on a contract ? What country is she working in and and what currency is she paid in ? Very hard to answer with such little detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭johnnyfruitcake

Trish56 wrote: »
    Is her employment permanent now or is she on a contract ? What country is she working in and and what currency is she paid in ?

A contract that will be renewed in September.
    She's in the middle east, and is paid through a company into an Irish account in Euros.

Not paying tax in Ireland or abroad, has payslips and contract etc.

Advertisement