Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guard, de Jag has hands-free! Liveline 25/8 going forward.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,107 ✭✭✭✭zell12

"these people" aka politicians witch-hunt underway now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ad break at 14:59?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Trish is back with
    Trish is horny.

Heading to Kerry
    Abbeydorney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Imagine her as your mother in law, jaysus.
    T'wud be hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

People were brainwashed by FG when the lockdown came in that everyone was in it together.
    Never believed it, when they sent untested people into nursing homes to kill hundreds, did nothing to stop people going to Cheltenham and welcomed in people from infected areas and no restrictions.

• Advertisement

statto25 wrote: »
    If I had a new grandchild no guideline would stop me from kissing and holding it

I dont have one, it'll be 20 years+ until I get one if ever, wild horses couldnt stop me from holding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭shearforce

absolute snoozefest the whole thing, which hit peak snooze during the headmaster rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Abel Ruiz

statto25 wrote: »
    If I had a new grandchild no guideline would stop me from kissing and holding it

What a bada$$!!!!!!!

NIMAN wrote: »
    Ad break at 14:59?

Only Liveline seems to do that. its irritating.

RNLI lads on with Ray. Surely they're (RTE) not going to re-hash the Galway rescue again. It's been overdone now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Ray, every day is like you've never done it before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

"The longest holiday I've had in a very long time" says Ray

Speaking of pr1cks with a neck like a jockeys bollix

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

Abel Ruiz wrote: »
    What a bada$$!!!!!!!

No not really but jaysus a first grandchild and shes keeping away from it because of Guidelines. A first time grandmother using her own guidelines whip to beat herself to prove a point

sligojoek wrote: »
    Heading to Kerry
    Abbeydorney

Sometimes people would approach the libraries to do their own poetry readings, and whilst the philosophy was always for the libraries to be a ace "of the people, for the people" an dat, one had to make sure that it would not be totally over de wall, indecent etc., and that the people wouldn't be making a complete fool of themselves. Had to be done diplomatically as possible. I always remember one "poet" holding court as he read out one of his poems, and a line going:

"Got the bus to Cavan, it went through Navan".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭boardise

2smiggy wrote: »
    it's not like there has been 5 months for the schools/teachers to sort this out

Ah well now that's a tad unfair.
    It's not like anyone knew in March the true nature what we were up against
    ( do we even now ?) , then there was a change in Government , then it looked like the cases were dipping to zero ,then there was a new flare up.
    We must cut people some slack . They're in the thick of a raft of huge unprecedented challenges in a changing confused environment worldwide -where scientists differ greatly as to what's happening on the ground with this virus beast. Just about every country is struggling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

RNLI lads on with Ray. Surely they're (RTE) not going to re-hash the Galway rescue again. It's been overdone now.

did you not hear its going to made into a hollywood movie,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭boardise

RobertKK wrote: »
    People were brainwashed by FG when the lockdown came in that everyone was in it together.
    Never believed it, when they sent untested people into nursing homes to kill hundreds, did nothing to stop people going to Cheltenham and welcomed in people from infected areas and no restrictions.

By God it's all so simple to you. Pity you weren't in charge.

fryup wrote: »

I wouldn't be surprised if it will be reinacted for some true story survival series some time in the future. There was a similar kind of survival happening many decades ago when a small plane crashed into the Wicklow mountains-not quite ever Andes epic survival, but our own little version of it. It could be quite entertaining if done well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

fryup wrote: »

Vogue Williams is the lifeboat captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Bingo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

LL tomorrow, a cross country quiz of sightings of the bould 'Big Phil'

https://twitter.com/jaseomcn/status/1298248808518676481?s=20

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

Where’s wally?

The Circuit Of Ireland Rally is to be renamed.
    The Phil Hogan Rally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Did I miss any GOLD today?

Sometimes people would approach the libraries to do their own poetry readings, and whilst the philosophy was always for the libraries to be a ace "of the people, for the people" an dat, one had to make sure that it would not be totally over de wall, indecent etc., and that the people wouldn't be making a complete fool of themselves. Had to be done diplomatically as possible. I always remember one "poet" holding court as he read out one of his poems, and a line going:

"Got the bus to Cavan, it went through Navan".

Ffs cat, if Mr. Duffy or wan a de researchers read that they’ll try and find de poet and we’ll get a week or his (or her) poems, their life story, and intimate details of the deaths and illnesses of any relatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

Did I miss any GOLD today?

No.

I'm beginning to suspect de holidaying host has told the receptionist(s) to ensure only boring callers get on de air in his absence. De holidaying host may be pissed dat de BOI 'scandal', as he says, so to speak, broke while on his previous holidays a month or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭golondrinas1

zell12 wrote: »
    image.jpg

The uncouth one not even wearing gloves while handling our heritage. Shur what would you expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭golondrinas1

gmisk wrote: »
    If only the ambassador from Morocco had have driven from home! Missed opportunity

Once Moroccans get here they never go home until they get an Irish passport. Did you not know that??

New Buke, 2022, "De Chiselers of de Covid"

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1297783195849707520?s=21

• Advertisement

Ronan playing "Rock De Boat" and dat, perhaps for de great and de good who were in Clifden last week?

Ronan has a new picture on de player - another photoshoot for RTE staff no doubt, good job they're rolling in it and have mountains of cash to spare and spend on such things...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

1) big phil
    2) hse penalty ponits , butters?
    3) schools back, teecher with health issue, fondness for the gin?
    4) ring your gP and wreck their heads with your symptoms

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

T'day...
    Phil Hogan (whoy in the jaysus is there a need for another day talking about this self entitled bellend?).
    Schools returning.
    ESRI, 44% of people unaware they can call their GP for free to have a chat about Covid.

Phil Hogan.

Clip from yesterday's"grilling" by Tony Connolly.

Drivers using phones.

Schools. Lot of anxiety.

. Patients being charged to ring their doctors re Covid

POSSIBLY on twodaze show that I won't be in for:

Phil Hogan again and dat. Tony Connolly put to Phl Hogan he was contributing to the perception dat he is above de law. Phil asked "Did de garda not know who he was so to speak as they say?"

Teacher has a serious health issue and is terrfified about going back to work.

You can call your GP for free to discuss COVID. Did you know dat? GPs don't.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,195 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Planet Hogan
    Golfgate
    School gate
    Any other business

• Advertisement

T'day...
    Phil Hogan (whoy in the jaysus is there a need for another day talking about this self entitled bellend?).

Yes. Time to move on...

.. to Brian Hayes.

Some months back my GP was charging for phone consultations fir anybody with symptoms that might be Covid related. However when I then spoke to him on the phone and then went to pay he said "in my judgement you need to have the Covid test, so there's no charge for referring you". I think at that point they were trying do do as many general consultations as possible over the phone, rather than gave people cone to the surgery, and that's why the charge was specified. I see his website no longer mentions the phone consultation charge.

M

Love the 'Covid isolation room' at the school in Athlone, it's a 6x4 shed, complete with concrete blocks for ballast in these windy times :D

00151028-800.jpg

https://www.rte.ie/news/education/2020/0826/1161376-isolation-school/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

We're all going on a summer holiday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Love the 'Covid isolation room' at the school in Athlone, it's a 6x4 shed, complete with concrete blocks for ballast in these windy times :D

Detention might be better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Test For Echo

00151028-800.jpg

ajpa9rjeiwryoul2bny9

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

fritzelly wrote: »
    Detention might be better

All its missing is the bare lightbulb in the middle, they missed a trick when they set up this shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

All its missing is the bare lightbulb in the middle, they missed a trick when they set up this shot

A candle would do the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

00151028-800.jpg

Can you imagine it flying through the air during windy weather like the flying sweetshop from Wanderly wagon.

Mena Mitty wrote: »
    Can you imagine it flying through the air during windy weather like the flying sweetshop from Wanderly wagon.

Closely followed by the Toyman hanging on to an umbrella, in the style of Mary Poppins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,134 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

rte need to catch up with their own schedule, Open for Business ended last night

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

M

He will stay, no chance he will be going.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

dvcireland wrote: »
    rte need to catch up with their own schedule, Open for Business ended last night

They were advertising Sarah McInerny yesterday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,005 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

have the live line callers not sorted out the Phil Hogan issue yet ?? FFS

00151028-800.jpg

Put them in the hole.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement