Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment missing in property price register

Options
  • 25-08-2020 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all,

We bought a new build (apartment) in March, have been living in it for a few months now but our place is still not visible on the property price register. All others in the building are there, most that only finished the purchase later than us.
    I sent an email to our solicitor, but she says she doesn't know why it's not there yet.
    Should I contact someone about it, does it even matter? I'm worried something might be wrong with the process.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sadie9

It's funny the Solicitor doesn't know. They are the person responsible for entering the Data. As per the property price register
    "The data is primarily filed electronically by persons doing the conveyancing of the property on behalf of the purchaser and errors may occur when the data is being filed."
    So I would go back to the Solicitor and ask if and when they made the entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,782 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Check for obvious typos or someone deciding to enter part of the address in Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,076 ✭✭✭Sarn

I know of two houses on the same road that were sold in 2017, neither have appeared on the register.

I’m wondering if they had the same solicitor and if the same typo went in.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 auris00

Asked the solicitor again and they sent me proof that stamp duty was paid months ago.
    But - building name has one word wrong. And it's in the property price register with that wrong address :rolleyes:
    Will that cause problems anywhere? All the contracts were correct...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭recyclebin

The property price register is littered with errors and flaws. I downloaded the Mayo sale for a couple of years and it had a number of addresses in Dublin.

Some houses had prices listed that were double what the house really sold for.

Any property that is out of town and doesn't have a house number can be very hard to nail down and find where it actually is. They should make providing an Eircode compulsory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

auris00 wrote: »
    Asked the solicitor again and they sent me proof that stamp duty was paid months ago.
    But - building name has one word wrong. And it's in the property price register with that wrong address :rolleyes:
    Will that cause problems anywhere? All the contracts were correct...

There are many address errors in the PPR. Some are intentional, some unintentional. I’d think that using the Eircode would just mean, some solicitors could accidentally use the wrong code.

auris00 wrote: »
    Will that cause problems anywhere?

Realistically no.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Why do you need to see it on a register?

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭busylady

sadie9 wrote: »
    It's funny the Solicitor doesn't know. They are the person responsible for entering the Data. As per the property price register
    "The data is primarily filed electronically by persons doing the conveyancing of the property on behalf of the purchaser and errors may occur when the data is being filed."
    So I would go back to the Solicitor and ask if and when they made the entry.

The solicitor is not responsible for the data on the Property Price Register - that data it taken from Revenue stamp duty records. Also when completing the stamp duty return, the LPT number generates the property address . Eircodes are not required in the stamp duty return. So the solicitor cannot be blamed for inaccuracies in the PPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

2 completely different lists for 'Bloggs' Ave and 'Bloggs' Avenue in my area.

• Advertisement

2 completely different lists for 'Bloggs' Ave and 'Bloggs' Avenue in my area.

The first part of my street address has at least eight different variants (spelling, punctuation, entire extraneous words); plus a shortenable suffix. So 16+ potential options.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

busylady wrote: »
    The solicitor is not responsible for the data on the Property Price Register - that data it taken from Revenue stamp duty records. Also when completing the stamp duty return, the LPT number generates the property address . Eircodes are not required in the stamp duty return. So the solicitor cannot be blamed for inaccuracies in the PPR.

This is copied from the PPR website:
    « ERRORS

The Authority acknowledges that there may be errors in the data in the Register. The Register is compiled from data which is filed, for stamp duty purposes, with the Revenue Commissioners. The data is primarily filed electronically by persons doing the conveyancing of the property on behalf of the purchaser and errors may occur when the data is being filed.

The PSRA does not in any way edit the data. It simply publishes, in a fully transparent manner, the data from the declarations which are filed with the Revenue Commissioners. If the data filed contained typographical errors then those errors will appear on the Register« 

So, what do they mean by « filer » and «  persons doing the conveyancing » ?

Purchasers solicitor, both times.

Advertisement