Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prison forum to be renamed Gulag

Options
  • 25-08-2020 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

can we get the prison forum renamed as Gulag?

be funny to see mods/admins send people to the Gulag :D
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Naughty step? I mean, imagine the appeal threads:

"XXXX said he would send me to the naughty step if I posted again"

"I've been stuck on the naughty step for three days now"

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Could call it "The Pram", as a fair few consigned to it throw all their toys out early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Don’t care what it’s called, but the policy of taking the pi55 out of prisoners there should be reinstated.

Used to be much funnier.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,906 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yeah, another little bit of what made boards fun and feel like a community has been replaced with po-faced seriousness :(

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,485 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Odhinn wrote: »
    Could call it "The Pram", as a fair few consigned to it throw all their toys out early on.

Yeah, but what about the prisoners?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

endacl wrote: »
    Don’t care what it’s called, but the policy of taking the pi55 out of prisoners there should be reinstated.

Used to be much funnier.

But then we have vociferous feedback complaining about it. And as always those looking to complain shout a lot louder than those who are happy with the status quo (I'm not suggesting you are doing so - you've presented your view in a civil manner and not demanding anything, unlike many who seem to frequent Feedback)

And I'm expecting to get negative feedback from some for stating such a view from my position as Site Administrator, but regardless I am only stating my personal view. I have no issue with taking the p!ss out of some prisoners who thoroughly deserve it and indeed have gone out of their way to take the p!ss out of the site and its users. Other prisoners deserve to be treated with respect as much because of the way they approach any "appeal" as well as the type of assurances they offer over future behaviour

How about the asylum as most of the inmates are evidence that care in the community isn't working for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

It’s still an amusing forum to visit. Lot of anger there. It always seems to be angry men who feel the need to argue their case in the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    can we get the prison forum renamed as Gulag?

be funny to see mods/admins send people to the Gulag :D

Can't see them changing the name to something the communism fan boys and girls around these parts would rather be forgotten and never mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Rename it "Carlow" or "Leitrim"....'cos like Prison, nobody wants to end up there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

It’s still an amusing forum to visit. Lot of anger there. It always seems to be angry men who feel the need to argue their case in the forum.

And women Johnny,

Equality and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 10,755 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

A lot of anger and a lot of “squealing”, J.

It’s pretty sad to watch sometimes. Lads who’ve been banned, with good reason, “bleating” on about posts where they feel they’ve been wronged.

You’d think, at this stage, grown men would just take their “scolding” and move on. You know, take it like a man.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    And women Johnny,

Equality and all that

Of course, Wuff. I might come across as a bit sexist here, but I don’t think women get as angry about all this sort of stuff.

About the world in general. It’s why we need far more women involved in politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'm in favour of this once it's done through the medium of Stalin memes

All Eyes On Rafah

Advertisement