Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Recommendation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,867 ✭✭✭billyhead

Would anyone be able to provide feedback please?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭secman

I suspect most folk on the cycling forum here don't buy halford bikes , personally for that money i would buy a much better equiped and most likely lighter used bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Would definitely look if any used bikes in a shop near you first for the money you have to spend you could get a much better used bike which even for short trips would be better I think . I think most people would say the boardman bikes are the better options in Halfords but as has been said not many on here will buy in Halfords .

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Go to decathlon their hybrids are the best for the price something like the triban rc 500 would be perfect for you.

Or go second hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Plastik

For a bike you're leaving at a train station buy the cheapest disposable piece of crap you can, second hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Plastik wrote: »
    For a bike you're leaving at a train station buy the cheapest disposable piece of crap you can, second hand.

Unless you have access to a bike locker at the train station, absolutely this.

Advertisement