Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new Booklet re Fees & Service Charges

Options
  • 25-08-2020 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Would you be able to explain the following ... On Page 11 Table 2.  Numbers 3,4 & 5.

I have an ATM Debit Card and I use it at the ATM & for shopping.  Are those different types of cards?  Are ye encouraging customers to get CASH BACK at the till. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Hillbloom, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

The fees in Table 2 are in relation to Government Stamp Duty for ATM and Visa Debit Cards.

This table would be a reminder of the Government Stamp Duty that would apply to these cards. 

For ATM cards, each ATM withdrawal would be 12 cents each and this would be capped at €2.50. 

Government Stamp Duty would be a charge that is applied to your account yearly. 

I hope this information helps. If you’ve any further queries please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here, we’ll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

Thanks Eve.  Another question! Would you tell is No.5 on Table 2 page 11 a special type of card. What does it mean Debit Card (ATM & Debit usage). I notice it is capped at €5.00. Mine is a Visa Debit Card which of those options apply to me? Sorry for all the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

hillbloom wrote: »
    Thanks Eve.  Another question! Would you tell is No.5 on Table 2 page 11 a special type of card. What does it mean Debit Card (ATM & Debit usage). I notice it is capped at €5.00. Mine is a Visa Debit Card which of those options apply to me? Sorry for all the questions.
    ATM cards can't be used in chip and pin devices or contactless. You can only use in ATMs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

hillbloom wrote: »
    Hi Hillbloom, thanks for getting back to us.

If you have a Visa debit card, and use it for both ATM transactions and at a point of sale, you would be charged 12c per transaction, up to a maximum of €5 per year. This is charged annually in January. 

We hope this helps. Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement