If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Bluetooth headphones suggestion?

Options
  • 25-08-2020 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

Hi guys. I’m looking for excellent wireless Bluetooth headphones for watching movies that will sync / work seamlessly with my Philips OLED 804 tv and Apple 4K TV box. What are my best options? Thank you.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi

Thank you for the post and I hope you are keeping well in these crazy times

The Sony WH1000xm3, are an excellent pair of headphone.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203587-sony-wh1000xm3-black-wireless-bluetooth-noise-cancelling-over-ear-closed-back-mic-headphones.aspx?swapstore=1

Not only are they blutooth they also feature noise cancelling so they will reduce background noise from your surronding area that may be audable when using them. 

Stock of these is limited but I do have a couple currently in stock that I could get shipped out to you

Let me know what you think

Regards Stephen

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭GeneticDeviant

Hi

Thank you for the post and I hope you are keeping well in these crazy times

The Sony WH1000xm3, are an excellent pair of headphone.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203587-sony-wh1000xm3-black-wireless-bluetooth-noise-cancelling-over-ear-closed-back-mic-headphones.aspx?swapstore=1

Not only are they blutooth they also feature noise cancelling so they will reduce background noise from your surronding area that may be audable when using them. 

Stock of these is limited but I do have a couple currently in stock that I could get shipped out to you

Let me know what you think

Regards Stephen

Thanks for your reply. Not bothered about noise cancellation to be honest and just require purely for watching movies.

For pure sound quality how do the audio Technica, meze, Sennheiser momentum and Bowers and Wilkins px7 wireless compare ?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Genetic Deviant,

thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you.

If it was my choice I would 100% go for the B&W PX7 - they are built great, look great and of course most importantly sound amazing!

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Genetic Deviant,

If it was my choice I would 100% go for the B&W PX7 - they are built great, look great and of course most importantly sound amazing!

Keep us posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Perfect. I’m torn between these in silver colour or the Sennheiser momentum 3.0. I’ve read reviews on Rtings that rate the Sennheiser higher. How are they both at handling movie watching in real terms? Any chance of a boardsie deal on either of these ?

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Genetic Deviant,

Keep us posted.
    ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Perfect.  I’m torn between these in silver colour or the Sennheiser momentum 3.0. I’ve read reviews on Rtings that rate the Sennheiser higher.  How are they both at handling movie watching in real terms? Any  chance of a boardsie deal on either of these ?
    Hi Genetic Deviant,

The Sennheisers sound amazing as well but the Bowers and Wilkins are an incredible headphone! I haven't used them for movie watching to be honest, only music but they sound stunning for music!

I could do a Boardie special for you:

B & W PX7 Silver - £279 (our web euro price of 319 would be the best I have unfortunately)

Sennheiser Momentum 3.0 - £325/369 euro

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi Genetic Deviant,

The Sennheisers sound amazing as well but the Bowers and Wilkins are an incredible headphone! I haven't used them for movie watching to be honest, only music but they sound stunning for music!

B & W PX7 Silver - £279 (our web euro price of 319 would be the best I have unfortunately)

Kind regards

David

Thanks David. I think the deciding factor for me will be the comfort. I’ve had issue with comfort in headphones in the past. I have a large head and large ears which causes the problem. Is there a noticeable different in clamping force and space for the ear in the cups on either of these headsets?

Hi Genetic Deviant,

Kind regards

David

Thanks David.  I think the deciding factor for me will be the comfort.  I’ve had issue with comfort in headphones in the past.  I have a large head and large ears which causes the problem.  Is there a noticeable different in clamping force and space for the ear in the cups on either of these headsets?
    Hi Genetic Deviant,

Both are quite comfortable. If anything the PX7 might be a little tighter than the Sennheisers. I've tried both and didn't get any fatigue from either!

Kind regards

David

Hi Genetic Deviant,

Both are quite comfortable. If anything the PX7 might be a little tighter than the Sennheisers. I've tried both and didn't get any fatigue from either!

Kind regards

David

Hi David. Is there a return policy should I order either the B&W or Sennheiser’s and I find them too uncomfortable to wear ?

Hi Genetic Deviant,

Kind regards

David

Hi David.  Is there a return policy should I order either the B&W or Sennheiser’s and I find them too uncomfortable to wear ?
    Hi Genetic Deviant,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you!

Unfortunately as per our terms and conditions we are unable to accept return of any headphones. So we wouldn't be able to accept them back if you were not happy with the fit.

Kind regards

David

Hi Genetic Deviant,

Unfortunately as per our terms and conditions we are unable to accept return of any headphones. So we wouldn't be able to accept them back if you were not happy with the fit.

Kind regards

David

Upon thinking about it further. Maybe My current Bose headphones will suit for Netflix and Apple TV for now. Maybe I’m better off plugging a set of wired headphones into my Panasonic Ub820 UHD 4K player directly to get good movie audio. I believe it has aux and optical out. With this in mind and purely for UHD audio playback what are best options ?

Many thanks and sorry to be a pain in the rear

• Advertisement

Hi Genetic Deviant,

Kind regards

David

Upon thinking about it further. Maybe My current Bose headphones will suit for Netflix and Apple TV for now.  Maybe I’m better off plugging a set of wired headphones into my Panasonic Ub820 UHD 4K player directly to get good movie audio.  I believe it has aux and optical out.  With this in mind and purely for UHD audio playback what are best options ?

Many thanks and sorry to be a pain in the rear
    No problem Genetic Devient!

To be honest it's slim pickings on the wired headphone front as many are going down the wireless route!

You could go for something like the Meze Audio headphones which look and sound incredible!

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203661-meze-audio-99-classics-walnut-silver-over-ear-closed-back-mic-headphones.aspx

Let me know what you think of this sort of option!

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.