Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you close your current account do you loose access to 365online?

Options
  • 25-08-2020 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have 365online for a BOI current account and a BOI credit card (good for viewing balances and tracking expenses).

If I close the current account do I loose access to the online banking and hence won't be able to manage my card online?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Champ, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

If you close your current account then you would usually lose access to your Banking 365 profile. 

It would be necessary to have a current account in order to have a Banking 365 profile. 

If you’re looking to close your current account and wanting to keep your credit card you’d certainly be able to register for Card Care. 

Card Care is our online service for credit cards only and so you’d still be able to manage your card online. 

You can register for Card Care through the Bank of Ireland website. I’ve provided a link below to where you can register, I hope that it helps. 

https://bit.ly/3lgsEMa 

I hope that this information helps. Please feel free to get back in touch with us here if there’s anything else we can help you with. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Can you confirm if this is also the case if I want to close my current account but keep my savings account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Cina, thanks for your post here. 

If your savings account is a Demand Deposit Account then you should still be able to access this account on Banking 365, even without a Current Account. 

If you have any other savings account linked to your Banking 365 profile to view then you would no longer to able to view this account online if you no longer have a Current Account registered online. 

I hope that this information helps. If you’ve any further queries please don’t feel free to get back in touch with us here, we’ll certainly help as best we can. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭1dave123

Hi there 

I have a BOI demand a/c, a BOI current a/c and two BOI Goalsaver a/cs.

When I close my current a/c I will still have 365online access (based on the reply above) - but will I still be able to withdraw funds from the Goalsaver A/cs to my BOI demand a.c via 365 online.  It is something I can do currently. 

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Hi there. The new EUR6 charge per month from November, is that only for current accounts? I have a demand savings account too. Will I pay 6 euro in total or 6 each?

• Advertisement

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Hi there. The new EUR6 charge per month from November, is that only for current accounts? I have a demand savings account too. Will I pay 6 euro in total or 6 each?
    Only personal current accounts are impacted by the new fees. Demand Savings Accounts are not affected. Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

1dave123 wrote: »
    Hi there 

When I close my current a/c I will still have 365online access (based on the reply above) - but will I still be able to withdraw funds from the Goalsaver A/cs to my BOI demand a.c via 365 online.  It is something I can do currently. 

Many thanks
    Hi 1Dave123,

We're just going to check this with our savings account team for you. We'll be back to you with an update as soon as possible. We have responded to your query in your other thread.

Thanks,
    Richard

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Hi Maz2016,

Thanks for your question today.

1Dave123 is correct, this new fee is only applicable to personal current accounts. We hope this information helps. Have a nice day.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Hi,

Okay so I currently have the following set up on my 365online:
    (1) Current Account
    (2) Credit Card

Let's say I open up a demand deposit account:
    https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/save-and-invest/savings/instant-access-and-notice-accounts/demand-deposit-account/features-and-benefits/

I will then have this on my 365online:
    (1) Current Account
    (2) Credit Card
    (3) Demand deposit account

If I do this then:
    (1) Current Account
    (1) Credit Card
    (2) Demand deposit account

Will I still have full access to 365online as follows:
    (1) Make transfers to my already defined payees 
    (2) Make mobile phone top-ups

Hi there 

Many thanks
    Hi 1Dave123,

We're just going to check this with our savings account team for you. We'll be back to you with an update as soon as possible. We have responded to your query in your other thread.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Hi 1Dave123,

We appreciate your patience. If you close your account, and log in on 365online.com and select "service desk" > "ask a question", our colleagues will be able to cancel this direct debit once your current account is closed off. We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Advertisement

Champ wrote: »
    Hi,

Okay so I currently have the following set up on my 365online:
    (1) Current Account
    (2) Credit Card

Let's say I open up a demand deposit account:
    https://personalbanking.bankofireland.com/save-and-invest/savings/instant-access-and-notice-accounts/demand-deposit-account/features-and-benefits/

I will then have this on my 365online:
    (1) Current Account
    (2) Credit Card
    (3) Demand deposit account

If I do this then:
    (1) Current Account
    (1) Credit Card
    (2) Demand deposit account

Will I still have full access to 365online as follows:
    (1) Make transfers to my already defined payees 
    (2) Make mobile phone top-ups
    Hi Champ, thanks for getting in touch with us today.

As these accounts would be on the same profile, once these are all viewable, and you close your current account, you can continue to make transfers, and mobile top ups using 365online.com or the app. We hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Richard

Hi Richard - I may be misreading your reply either that or you are answering a different question to the one asked. Can u clarify please.

When I close my current a/c I will still have the following a/cs with BOI

* A Demand A/c
    * 2 x Goalsaver Acs

The question : Will I still be able to withdraw funds from the Goalsaver A/cs into my Demand A/c via Banking365.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding ......... but your reply is talking about cancel debits whereas my question is asking about withdrawing funds.

Cheers 

Hi Richard - I may be misreading your reply either that or you are answering a different question to the one asked. Can u clarify please.

* A Demand A/c
    * 2 x Goalsaver Acs

The question : Will I still be able to withdraw funds from the Goalsaver A/cs into my Demand A/c via Banking365.

Sorry if I am misunderstanding ......... but your reply is talking about cancel debits whereas my question is asking about withdrawing funds.

Cheers 

Apologies 1Dave123,

You can certainly still make withdrawals from your Goalsaver into your Demand Deposit account. We hope this clarifies your query.

Thanks,
    Richard

* A Demand A/c
    * 2 x Goalsaver Acs

Cheers 

Apologies 1Dave123,

You can certainly still make withdrawals from your Goalsaver into your Demand Deposit account. We hope this clarifies your query.

Thanks,
    Richard
    Thanks Richard - I am going to assume I can do these withdrawals via Banking365 unless you say otherwise.  All the very best 

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

From what I see in the app I can withdraw funds from my goalsaver a/c to my boi current account. But I dont see how to set up a new beneficiary a/c

ganmo wrote: »
    From what I see in the app I can withdraw funds from my goalsaver a/c to my boi current account. But I dont see how to set up a new beneficiary a/c
    Hi Ganmo,

We have responded to your query in your other thread.

Feel free to get back in touch if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement