Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Dcully wrote: »
    Flew realtime from Donegal to Dublin in my DHL skinned light freight delivery type yoke and it got me thinking if the game had some sort of career mode or jobs board something like truck simulator it would be great.

Have a look at Onair, I used to use it with X-plane and had a lot of fun with it. They’ve added compatibility with MFS and there’s a 14 day free trial too. You can expand your airline and hire AI pilots to work for you. There’s co-op too where you can run your company with a friend.

https://www.onair.company/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Drone fun i mentioned earlier :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Dcully wrote: »
    Flew realtime from Donegal to Dublin in my DHL skinned light freight delivery type yoke and it got me thinking if the game had some sort of career mode or jobs board something like truck simulator it would be great.
    FSeconomy sounds like something you might like. It's a bit dated looking though, and I'm not sure if they have a MSFS client yet.

Very much like Euro Truck, rent other people's planes to do jobs until you earn enough money to buy a plane for yourself.

9IE1uvU.png

Took off from Renton airfield just outside Seattle and flew over the city then onto Mount Rainer which is 60 miles away from Seattle and clearly visible in the sim from the city :eek:
    Gameplay of approach and rounding of Rainer Mountain, really spectacular.
    No doubt the experts will spot some rookie flying in the cesna 152,, not even sure if this little plane should be up there :p

Most assistance off apart from air fuel mixture,auto checklist etc -the boring stuff :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

The new reverb is 2160 x 2160 PER EYE! I'm really interested to see how they get that badboy working with any sort of non vomit inducing frame rates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,725 ✭✭✭✭briany

Pleasantly surprised to see Newgrange fairly well replicated in the game. I was expecting to see a flat texture in a field.

I know this is finicky in the face of the huge achievement of having the entire world fairly well replicated, but are the developers going to continue making improvements to how the AI renders different structures? Bit disappointing to see Martello towers being represented as circus tents.

briany wrote: »
    Pleasantly surprised to see Newgrange fairly well replicated in the game. I was expecting to see a flat texture in a field.

I know this is finicky in the face of the huge achievement of having the entire world fairly well replicated, but are the developers going to continue making improvements to how the AI renders different structures? Bit disappointing to see Martello towers being represented as circus tents.
    The developers of the game might. In an ideal world they'll continue to be funded by Microsoft to work on the game for a long time thanks to continuous Game Pass subscriptions.
    The challenge would appear to lie in the scale of the world and the amount of different teams / technologies used in the game.
    As things are now, there's nothing to stop a 3rd party developer making a 3D model of a building/landmark, going into the game's developer mode, drawing a shape around the part of the map they don't want default buildings on, then manually placing the model they made in the game. It's one of the easier things to do actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

The new reverb is 2160 x 2160 PER EYE! I'm really interested to see how they get that badboy working with any sort of non vomit inducing frame rates.

I've one on pre order, hoping they nail it somehow :D

AirBiscuit wrote: »
    The developers of the game might. In an ideal world they'll continue to be funded by Microsoft to work on the game for a long time thanks to continuous Game Pass subscriptions.
    The challenge would appear to lie in the scale of the world and the amount of different teams / technologies used in the game.
    As things are now, there's nothing to stop a 3rd party developer making a 3D model of a building/landmark, going into the game's developer mode, drawing a shape around the part of the map they don't want default buildings on, then manually placing the model they made in the game. It's one of the easier things to do actually.

As I understand it, Google own the photogrammetry on their maps, but they don't own the 3d models that populate many urban centres. These are user-created. So, maybe if there was some way to import that 3d data, we'd really be able to take the game up to an even higher notch.

Or have the team continue to craft different default building types. Going back to my example of Martello towers - if you had a generic Martello tower model with an attached code, if Microsoft gets enough notifications that one should exist at in or around a certain geographical point, they could update it, or program the AI to handle it entirely. This may be totally impractical, I don't know, but community crowdsourcing like this would be amazing to add some extra detail.

briany wrote: »
    As I understand it, Google own the photogrammetry on their maps, but they don't own the 3d models that populate many urban centres. These are user-created. So, maybe if there was some way to import that 3d data, we'd really be able to take the game up to an even higher notch.

Or have the team continue to craft different default building types. Going back to my example of Martello towers - if you had a generic Martello tower model with an attached code, if Microsoft gets enough notifications that one should exist at in or around a certain geographical point, they could update it, or program the AI to handle it entirely. This may be totally impractical, I don't know, but community crowdsourcing like this would be amazing to add some extra detail.
    The photogrammety is all that's left and it's only in certain cities, the custom made 3D models are gone completely from google maps. Westport is flat now even though it was hand made at one stage, Galway is flat because it isn't important enough to justify photogrammtry, and Dublin is single contigious 3D model generated from multiple aerial angles. Nigh on impossible to get that data off Google now.
    Even still, it would be a hassle to find every individual modeller to ask for permission to include their building.
    Best bet is an open source collection of models, or to make them yourself.

• Advertisement

Did a fly past of Croagh Patrick today. Absolutely beautiful, but just one tiny thing that can take you a bit out of the simulation yet could be a relatively easy fix - it was something that was in FSX as well - I speak of flying past a mountain peak and seeing on that peak a lone pine tree. A tree practically waving at you to say, "I have no earthly business being here!" :pac:

No matter how bad I am at sim-flying, and I'm really bad, I always remember: At least I'm not as bad as Harrison Ford!

I know i linked toms hardware guide for fps boost but im seeing even better results from JayzTwoCents guide.
    Similar performance but quite a few settings able to stay on ultra for my spec, worth a watch.
    My spec is 8600K @4.7ghz - EVGA GTX 1080TI SC [11GB].

I just can't line up with the runway after the final turn on the exercise in the 152. Any tips?

• Administrators Posts: 53,762 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ciano35 wrote: »

How do you get all those extra options like requesting baggage etc?

79GB patch on the way in the next day or so.

awec wrote: »
    How do you get all those extra options like requesting baggage etc?

I’m pretty sure they come up when you tune ground services on the atc window, but I think it depends on the airport/gate you’re at too.

A livery for the Viper himself. Would've put a load more images on it but the texture is mirrored left to right so any writing would be on both sides with one side back to front

A livery for the Viper himself. Would've put a load more images on it but the texture is mirrored left to right so any writing would be on both sides with one side back to front

Isn't that feckin' mighty...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Look what I found in my hangar ;)

:pac:

iK2UKqf.jpg

HOk0Mp8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Seriously where are the helicopters!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Nforce

Psychlops wrote: »

I believe that they will be a paid DLC

"Have you seen this new game? You can fly around the whole world and it's accurately depicted."

"Shur, I can do that on Google Earth already."

"...true."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Nforce wrote: »
    Look what I found in my hangar ;)

:pac:

iK2UKqf.jpg

HOk0Mp8.jpg

Oh I've come over all funny, great to see the fsx porting is going well hope they appear as downloads soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Psychlops wrote: »

Hate to be the bearer of bad news and I'm desperately waiting on them but it appears it'll be close to a year as they are basically a new SIM, they are building 4-8 and approx 10,000 heliports, activities but it'll be a paid DLC

German interview (in German) where that's basically said that https://youtu.be/fzNdPRS_MRI
    I don't speak German but Reddit did some translate

I don't think I've ever been as frustrated with asset creation for something as much I have for this. I spent twice as long trying to load the model into the game as I did making the model and the textures from scratch.
    The SDK's documentation is currently awful. People have made Blender tools which is nice, but the workflow for getting it from blender to the game is a cluster****. Youtube and forum tutorials are pretty bad too
    RWjR8QH.png

I don't think I've ever been as frustrated with asset creation for something as much I have for this. I spent twice as long trying to load the model into the game as I did making the model and the textures from scratch.
    The SDK's documentation is currently awful. People have made Blender tools which is nice, but the workflow for getting it from blender to the game is a cluster****. Youtube and forum tutorials are pretty bad too
    https://i.imgur.com/RWjR8QH.png

It really is desperate. I’ve been trying to load an object into the sim for the last week and can’t get it. Not helped by the fact that the sim very frequently crashes on me in dev mode.

I'm trying to do a flight following historic Route 66 in the Cessna 152 at the moment. One problem I'm having is that I can't seem to save flight progress. I start off from Chicago and fly for an hour or two, find a little municipal airport to land at, refuel, park up for the night, go to Save>Save as 'Route66.FLT'.

Reload the next day and it just puts me at the airport I originally started out from. This is from a flight plan that is simply a direct VFR from Chicago to Cali. How do I save the flight so that it puts me back exactly where I left off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Lots of teething issues so it would seem, I will stick with XP11 for about a year until most of this is resolved & they have Helicopters.

Advertisement