Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Michael Martin should resign

Options
  • 26-08-2020 9:03am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11

I don't recall Michael Martin isolating for 14 days after his recent trip to Brussels. The media haven't picked up on this (perhaps they know which side of their bread is buttered). Should his neck also be on the block? He should be leading by example. I think he should resign.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Lary Mou wrote: »
    I don't recall Michael Martin isolating for 14 days after his recent trip to Brussels. The media haven't picked up on this (perhaps they know which side of their bread is buttered). Should his neck also be on the block? He should be leading by example. I think he should resign.

Go back to bed. Nurse will call in soon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 Lary Mou

Edgware wrote: »
    I'm a butthead

Nothing constructive to add?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

Give the phone back to Mommy, Lary Mou.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Fair point IF true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

he is deemed essential worker on business trip - same as a pilot or truck driver.

this was hashed out weeks ago.

• Advertisement

RobAMerc wrote: »
    he is deemed essential worker on business trip -

Smacks off one rule for them and another for us. The virus does not know not to infect him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Despise him but no, he shouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Smacks off one rule for them and another for us. The virus does not know not to infect him.

No it doesn't. Essential workers can continue to travel.

Theres plenty of "regular" people flouting the rules, but nothing happens to them.

Theres plenty of "regular" people flouting the rules, but nothing happens to them.

Quite hypocritical of the rulemakers to not follow the rules

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

This thread starting thing isn’t working out for you, dude.

• Advertisement

ugh....he was. His work is pretty essential. This was thrashed to death here weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭helpful

I think this was discussed already. He is deemed an essential worker, though I’m not sure how essential MM really is and think there are many other reasons he should resign, one being that he doesn’t seem capable of doing his job.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭893bet

Thought the schools were back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Expect he is following the rules. I despise FF, but MM is the Taoiseach and he's an essential worker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

No Lego to play with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Misguided1

Expect he is following the rules. I despise FF, but MM is the Taoiseach and he's an essential worker.

Does the same not apply to Phil Hogan? Is he not essential by the same definition? Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of his and consider his road trip wreckless but I wondered why he hasn't played the 'essential worker' card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,800 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Misguided1 wrote: »
    Does the same not apply to Phil Hogan? Is he not essential by the same definition? Don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of his and consider his road trip wreckless but I wondered why he hasn't played the 'essential worker' card.

Golf is essential to Harrington not Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

You don't need to be playing golf in the west of Ireland to negotiate with the US over Skype though. There is a argument MM needed to be there in person for the rushed crunch talks.

rushed crunch talks.

As has been discussed, ad nasseum at this stage, the virus pays no heed to one's business.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

It would only apply where he was travelling for work reasons, so the meeting in Dublin with the Taoiseach might count as essential travel (not sure myself), but the golf trip definitely wouldn't, for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

As has been discussed, ad nasseum at this stage, the virus pays no heed to one's business.

Taking this silliness to the extreme, Naas General Hospital should shut down because of the lockdown in Kildare. Really pathetic wind-up thread.

blanch152 wrote: »
    Taking this silliness to the extreme, Naas General Hospital should shut down because of the lockdown in Kildare.

Strawman argument. Back up your statements with a reasonable argument

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Sigh. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement