Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC for GPU accelerated work!

Options
  • 26-08-2020 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, If you could offer your insight please.
    Need to invest soon in a PC for GPU aided work programs.

Program[HTML][/HTML]s. such as Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Lightroom, Various AI aided programs such as Topaz AI Noise and Video enhance...
    I also do some 3d rendering for Autodesk and CAD.

Also CPU must be work load friendly.

At the moment I'm using my old personal PC with a Intel E3 1231(v3) and a 980ti.
    This has been fairly adequate but as it was bought years ago for the house and personal use,
    It is showing its age now when my workload has greatly increased and i need to do a lot more batch work.
    I'm kinda only envisioning new MOBO, RAM, PSU, CPU and GPU as nessecary for the immediate future.

1. What is your budget? [€1500?]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? As stated above.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes, i think theyre all tied to MOBO's now anyway

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? I have numerous, mechanial and SSD's but i would like to get new storage as i need the added security and redundancies.

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? Dell UltraSharp 32 Ultra HD 4K

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Need new Keyboard, sick of CRTL+Z with a missing CTRL button.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? no.

8. How can you pay? Bank Transfer/Credit card

9. When are you purchasing? Soon?

Comments

Advertisement