Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Change - Attic Dormer Extension

Options
  • 26-08-2020 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I have recently received planning permission (via the appeal process to remove some of the width related conditions) to add a rear attic dormer extension to my mid terrace home. After receiving planning permission, we've now decided to add a small toilet to the the extension. The size of the dormer and the windows noted in the application will NOT change, just the internal layout of the plan. Do i need to reapply/submit a 'alterations' application. As it's internal, i'm hoping i won't have to.
    Does anyone know for sure or had previous experience doing the same?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭JimmyMW

cmbutler wrote: »
    I have recently received planning permission (via the appeal process to remove some of the width related conditions) to add a rear attic dormer extension to my mid terrace home. After receiving planning permission, we've now decided to add a small toilet to the the extension. The size of the dormer and the windows noted in the application will NOT change, just the internal layout of the plan. Do i need to reapply/submit a 'alterations' application. As it's internal, i'm hoping i won't have to.
    Does anyone know for sure or had previous experience doing the same?
    Thanks in advance!

If there is no change to the externals or use of the extension planners will not care, however you will still need to comply with building regulations

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Messy5

Similar note, have planning for a couple dormers at rear of property and a few at front, we now want to make one rear dormer very marginally larger, looking at 500mm wider. Would this create a problem with getting a letter of substantial compliance? No alteration to ridge height etc or would this require a full planning approval again? Any thoughts appreciated.

Advertisement