Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blender recipes

• 26-08-2020 11:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭

I was clearing out my presses lately & came across my blender/food processor. I only really used it to blend smoothies for a while, then got fed up. But I might start giving it a go again.

Anyone care to share their recipes, or even what they use the blender for, salsas etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,424 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Tahini, leading to Hummus.

Salsas, usually just use tomato flesh, red onion, lime juice, coriander, garlic, red wine vinegar. If I'm in a hurry, I'll do it in the blender, otherwise just use a knife and chop everything together and mix.

Apple and beetroot smoothie in the mornings, good for the blood pressure. Few ice cubes, chopped apple, chopped cooked beetroot. Keeps me going until lunchtime.

Pesto.

Whatever soups you're into yourself. Personally partial to a good roast tomato/pepper soup, or a roast garlic and squash/pumpkin soup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

This tapenade recipe is superb. Aldi have kalmata olives in a jar for a pittance but you have to stone them.

https://lovingitvegan.com/olive-tapenade/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

I use a drop of sweetened condensed milk in all my fruit smoothies gives it a lovely taste and texture instead of using sugar or honey in it, taste as you go and see what suits you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,733 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I mostly use an immersion blender or its own small chopper jar; but what I've used my food processor for since digging it back out:

1: Soups, breaking down tomatoes or other veg for 'cream of' style soups rather than chunky
    2: Main bowl with a plastic dough blade (which is actually not much use with dough, but perfect for this) to break down and combine ingredients for meatballs and frikadellen.

First is far too big to do in the chopper jar yet too small to do immersion; and the latter cannot be done with one. I wouldn't do 2: without a dishwasher cause there's less stuff to clean up doing it by hand; but doing it by hand takes so much longer and is less consistent.

Advertisement