Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copy multiple sub-folders from text file

Options
  • 26-08-2020 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I have c. 1000 sub-folders on a hard drive.
    I have a text file of 120 folder names which are contained within that 1000 strong group.
    All of the 120 folders will be in that single directory, they aren't within other folders.

is there any easy way of copying all the folders and contents which match the list of folder names to a single directory?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Search the directory with the list pasted into the search field, just separate each name with a comma. If it won't accept all 120 at once then just split the list. Then copy the folders from the search results.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

i believe there is powershell script available somewhere on net or could be created to parse through directory and copy those from csv file...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Metric Tensor

I'd say you could (without too much hassle) convert that text file into a batch file for robocopy and do it that way.

Advertisement