Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

walshb wrote: »
    That’s easy...

Anti anything that the government do to try and tackle and control the virus..

SF speak out both sides their mouths all the time..

Pure mischievous...

All the parties at this crucial time should be working together for the betterment of us all..

Of course, no issue with questioning and tweaking g here and there..

SF simply want to obfuscate and create division..

Rather than your own opinion, what have they actually said regarding the fines?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1023/1173439-coronavirus-northern-ireland/

"The weekly Covid-19 death toll in Northern Ireland has nearly quadrupled."

"Care home residents make up about 46.8% of all deaths linked to Covid-19 in Northern Ireland. "

That SF/DUP government have let the people down.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,751 ✭✭✭✭walshb

grayzer75 wrote: »

Go google it..

They are already creating obstacles...

That’s easy...

Pure mischievous...

All the parties at this crucial time should be working together for the betterment of us all..

They bring in fines in the North, they are against them in the South.

Not a normal party.

Go google it..

They are already creating obstacles...

So they haven't said anything against them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,971 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

That’s easy...

Pure mischievous...

As usual, rant and outrage at what seems to be perfectly normal opposition work - oversight and scrutiny.
    Sinn Féin's David Cullinane criticised the move to "rush" the legislation through the Dáil and Seanad in one day.

He said some enforcement was needed but the party has issue with several aspects of the bill and could not support it unless their amendments are accepted.

Mr Cullinane said the minister wanted the Opposition to write him a blank cheque to draft regulations and they did not know exactly what the fines would be and had no opportunity to ensure proper checks and balances are in place.

Labour have the same reservations:
    Labour leader Alan Kelly said the party would support the bill but did so with grave and serious reservations.

He said the regulations must be examined in the Dáil before they come into force.

Mr Kelly said he believed there was widespread but considered support for the regime but that could collapse if the Government got it wrong.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

You talk about an organisation facilitating the murder of a child yet you people stand by the two biggest organisations in the state who facilitated the deaths and cover up of almost 800 children which were dumped in a f**king septic tank.

why don't we take this one first ,

snatched off the street and died in agonising pain for no reason other than to satisfy the blood lust of some physio scumbag who is then protected by the party and apologised for on the internet by faceless bots

other topics have other threads,

the name of this one is right at the top of your screen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,530 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

blanch152 wrote: »
    They bring in fines in the North, they are against them in the South.

Not a normal party.

so much for the All Ireland approach.

Take a Shot! (in my Sinn Fein drinking game...)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

His death is included in the list of victims of the conflict, is what I meant.

You, and indeed I (if I was not actually interested in victims) can find any number of similar cases on both sides to fulminate and outrage about.

I don't do it, precisely because I know that BOTH sides did heinous things and brutal things. It will get nowhere.

If you have taken the time to read the document I posted which outlines the difficulties of post conflict/war resolution, it might surprise you to know that I favour option 4 myself, Truth Recovery with Prosecutions.
    I.E. Where a killing took place that would not fall under 'a political motive' then by all means information given should be passed on to the relevant authorities.

so as this was the personal crime of a single or group of ira creatures sf should pass information to the psni but they didn't and don't and contuine to shelter the murder(s)

and still you support the party

So they haven't said anything against them?

They have..

And the very fact they aren’t supporting and rowing in behind the govt here says it all...that is opposition in itself..

• Advertisement

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1023/1173439-coronavirus-northern-ireland/

"Care home residents make up about 46.8% of all deaths linked to Covid-19 in Northern Ireland. "

That SF/DUP/SDLP/Alliance/Ulster Unionist **Assembly** government have let the people down.

Fixed that bull**** comment for you....

It'll be the same down south in the coming weeks too unfortunately but you'll try and blame SF on that one too.

What are the rates like in schools in the south because they did the right thing closing them in the north with 50% of schools hit with confirmed positive cases.

They have..

And the very fact they aren’t supporting and rowing in behind the govt here says it all...that is opposition in itself..

So they haven't actually said anything against them

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

That SF/DUP government have let the people down.

multiple times it has to be pointed out to you that there are 5 different parties and the british government involved in the north, compared to a two party coalition here.

Says more about yourself why you keep talking about the 'sf/DUP' government in the north when you know quite well thats a crock of ****

They have..

why should they? the government hasnt a clue what its doing in regards covid 19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

maccored wrote: »

First country in Europe to go back into lockdown, dude.

mynamejeff wrote: »
    so as this was the personal crime of a single or group of ira creatures sf should pass information to the psni but they didn't and don't and contuine to shelter the murder(s)

and still you support the party

Maybe you didn't read the whole article.

I accept that what happened, happened. I accept that it was all wrong from the beginning. I accept that there are killers on both sides. I do not accept that some killing was acceptable and some was not. It was all wrong.
    I accept that the conflict/war is over and that we either move on or stay in post conflict/war division.
    I accept that, as in this case, the IRA would take part in a Truth Recovery Process.
    I reluctantly accept that a Truth Recovery process is the ONLY way to heal the divisions. Unless you have a workable alternative.

Yet still a whole lot more credible and genuine than SFs contribution..

why don't we take this one first ,

snatched off the street and died in agonising pain for no reason other than to satisfy the blood lust of some physio scumbag who is then protected by the party and apologised for on the internet by faceless bots

other topics have other threads,

the name of this one is right at the top of your screen

Not apologising for anybody. Just find it strange that the FFG bots are very selective about their victims but I suppose it suits your agenda of looking at things with only one eye open.

Why would SF contribute to the circus running the country when FFG don't even know what day the lockdown was starting ff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Maybe you didn't read the whole article.

I accept that what happened, happened. I accept that it was all wrong from the beginning. I accept that there are killers on both sides. I do not accept that some killing was acceptable and some was not. It was all wrong.
    I accept that the conflict/war is over and that we either move on or stay in post conflict/war division.
    I accept that, as in this case, the IRA would take part in a Truth Recovery Process.
    I reluctantly accept that a Truth Recovery process is the ONLY way to heal the divisions. Unless you have a workable alternative.

OK Lets run with this;

We can start with truth.

Paul Quinn
    Joe Rafferty
    Robert McCartney

Three people murdered by the IRA- or its members - or ex members - or unauthorised members etc etc and all post peace process murders. And yet all killers protected by Sinn Fein/IRA witness intimidation. Maybe they could start by telling the 71 witnesses who claimed to be in the toilets when Robert McCartney was murdered that the "conflict/war" is over and its OK to give evidence. Any chance???? Truth????

So if all the killing was wrong and we accept that the murderers and thugs got away with as the price of peace can we at least make it our business not to vote for or tolerate any political party whose members were involved in the killing that was "all wrong" and not to tolerate or vote for a political party controlled by the same illegal organisation who were responsible for much of the killing and who still organise sad paramilitary performances to celebrate the killing that was all wrong

Unless of course a select bit of the killing wasn't really wrong..........

• Advertisement

First country in Europe to go back into lockdown, dude.

as i said - havent a clue what they're at

how can SF contribute when FF and FG are in power?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 273 ✭✭Hqrry113

Legacy issues would only cover legit political or military murders right ?

so sf should hand over the murders then , as there was no political or military reason for it , it was just a scumbag murdering an innocent child who annoyed one of their physio thugs . still not to late for them to own up .

you are trying badly to defend the indefensible …… again but I guess its a job :D

How did the murder of a 13 year old girl shot by the British army in the springhill massacre create peace jeff?

Are you trying to defend the indefensible?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Bren likes to make random scattergun posts, then skidaddles for a few days when asked to elaborate.

Still waiting on his clarification on this.
    I see SF supporting gym owners and their defying lockdown..

They really are mischievous.. been talking out of both sides their mouths since day 1..

Their greatest contribution during the pandemic: more money for people.

Truthvader wrote: »
    OK Lets run with this;

We can start with truth.

Paul Quinn
    Joe Rafferty
    Robert McCartney

Three people murdered by the IRA- or its members - or ex members - or unauthorised members etc etc and all post peace process murders. And yet all killers protected by Sinn Fein/IRA witness intimidation. Maybe they could start by telling the 71 witnesses who claimed to be in the toilets when Robert McCartney was murdered that the "conflict/war" is over and its OK to give evidence. Any chance???? Truth????

So if all the killing was wrong and we accept that the murderers and thugs got away with as the price of peace can we at least make it our business not to vote for or tolerate any political party whose members were involved in the killing that was "all wrong" and not to tolerate or vote for a political party controlled by the same illegal organisation who were responsible for much of the killing and who still organise sad paramilitary performances to celebrate the killing that was all wrong

How about we start with Damien Harkin (8), who was from the Bogside area of Derry, was returning from a trip to the cinema with friends on July 24, 1971 when a three-tonne British transport lorry, which was part of a convoy, mounted the pavement and hit him. His mother identified her son by his shoes, which he had worn for his First Holy Communion just months earlier.

Or how about we start with 23-month-old Francis McGuigan, who was from the Ballymurphy area of west Belfast. The child died after inhaling CS gas which was fired into houses in the area on April 7, 1970 by the British army following rioting in the area.

Or how about we start with Martin Corr (12) who was found dead in bed after being badly beaten by the British army orin how about we start with two-year-old Ann Gilligan who was shot, and three-year-old Gary Gormley, who was knocked down and killed by a British army vehicle.

OK Lets run with this;

We can start with truth.

Paul Quinn
    Joe Rafferty
    Robert McCartney

I don't believe we will ever get the truth of what happened until there is a Truth Recovery Process.

The only 'side' I see who have put any serious thought into that is actually the Republican side.

I accept that there will be no proper disclosure (although in the some cases there has been) until such time as all players sit down at that Truth Recovery Process. That includes the member party's of the various Irish governments too BTW that you defend as a 'better' choice to vote for.

Actions taken by the FG and FF party while in government (The Heavy Squad) resulted in the death of a close relative of mine.
    I have not allowed that to stop me voting for FG or FF in the past.

Loyalists killed Catholics just for being Catholics but when they engage democratically I would never try to exclude them, block them or hold the past against them. I reserve the right to politically oppose them though.

Which is also your right. So carry on.

I don't believe we will ever get the truth of what happened until there is a Truth Recovery Process.

The only 'side' I see who have put any serious thought into that is actually the Republican side.

I accept that there will be no proper disclosure (although in the some cases there has been) until such time as all players sit down at that Truth Recovery Process. That includes the member party's of the various Irish governments too BTW that you defend as a 'better' choice to vote for.

Actions taken by the FG and FF party while in government (The Heavy Squad) resulted in the death of a close relative of mine.
    I have not allowed that to stop me voting for FG or FF in the past.

Loyalists killed Catholics just for being Catholics but when they engage democratically I would never try to exclude them, block them or hold the past against them. I reserve the right to politically oppose them though.

Which is also your right. So carry on.

The only side that has anything to lose in a truth process is the British state, that's why there will never be one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The Glenanne gang are not running candidates or glorifying and celebrating their criminality

One would have thought anyone screaming about "murderers and thugs" would have no problems condoning it no matter what, regardless who they murdering thugs were, and whether or not "they're running candidates" here would be completely irrelevant. Oops though, I Guess not.

You just proved my point about not giving a fiddler's for any victim, so long as you can score a point, you also lacked the intelligence to realise that, when you typed that absolutely stupid post out, carry on though.

Facepalm.

McMurphy wrote: »
    One would have thought anyone screaming about "murderers and thugs" would have no problems condoning it no matter what, regardless who they murdering thugs were, and whether or not "they're running candidates" here would be completely irrelevant. Oops though, I Guess not.

You just proved my point about not giving a fiddler's for any victim, so long as you can score a point, you also lacked the intelligence to realise that, when you typed that absolutely stupid post out, carry on though.

Facepalm.

If he done enough research he'd realise the gleneanne gang were little more than an mi5 gang designed to draw the ira away from it's war against the state and into a sectarian conflict.

• Advertisement

how can SF contribute when FF and FG are in power?

By getting their act together up North which is still running at three times the level of the South.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement