Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Hqrry113 wrote: »
    Let me guess, your favourite film is some garbage romantic film from the 1980s, you're a feminist judging by your posting history likely bisexual?

And you think I have it bad?

Threadbanned

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 273 ✭✭Hqrry113

Beasty wrote: »
    Threadbanned

Did you not threadban him also? What was the difference between our two posts? I replied with a comment as dumb and ignorant as the one he directed at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Truthvader wrote: »
    You have an essential point there but don't realise it.

I do not regard anyone in Northern Ireland as "my own people" any more that someone in Kansas or Gambia. That is the beginning of the Nationalist rot that has poisoned all of you - though at least the "Up the RA" clown above has the dubious distinction of a kind of honesty.

Imagine no nationalist bullcrap and just treat all people everywhere equally without having to resort to the tribal "us and them" stupidity which inevitably leads to it being OK if "they" die or have to be killed because it is not "us".

Nationalism is not some mystical core identity based in any reality. It is a construct invented by Fichte and Herder (two German philosophers) at the end of the 17th Century - finding its fullest expression and stupid endgame in Germany about 150 years later. Still cherished by morons everywhere though

They don't understand the toxicity of nationalism. Everything is viewed through that prism.

Even when it is pointed out that Ireland was never united, except under British rule, they chafe at that fact. The real hat-doffers are the republicans because they don't have enough self-belief to stand up and say that nationalism doesn't matter, all people are equal.

It is also true that beneath the skin of a rabid nationalist is a latent xenophobe. Sure, it masks itself as hating "the Crown" or the "British government" and cloaks itself in pretending to love their fellow Irishmen who are unionist, but they have to be Irishmen first, whether by geographical default or some other flimsy construction.

Irish nationalism has been the most toxic ideology on these islands, bringing more destruction to these shores than any other ism.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,971 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    They don't understand the toxicity of nationalism. Everything is viewed through that prism.

Even when it is pointed out that Ireland was never united, except under British rule, they chafe at that fact. The real hat-doffers are the republicans because they don't have enough self-belief to stand up and say that nationalism doesn't matter, all people are equal.

It is also true that beneath the skin of a rabid nationalist is a latent xenophobe. Sure, it masks itself as hating "the Crown" or the "British government" and cloaks itself in pretending to love their fellow Irishmen who are unionist, but they have to be Irishmen first, whether by geographical default or some other flimsy construction.

Irish nationalism has been the most toxic ideology on these islands, bringing more destruction to these shores than any other ism.

You don't need to even leave the country to find somebody to hate.

You're all banging on about this crap, all the oppression and propaganda that has pushed into the country over hundreds of years to keep people like you in your own little bubble and to "get on with things" all we want is the bloody 6 counties that were taken under the threat of "immediate and terrible war" then people like you go on like ah sure let them have it nationalisms a load of crap anyway.

The vast majority of people in Ireland never wanted to divide the country, it was divided at gun point, as a wise man once said "the brits greatest weapon has always been to make us believe we cannot win".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Blanch152 - will you please just admit your Unionist beliefs. You are pretending to be irish by insinuating other Irish people arent irish, yet you have the same ideals as anyone in the DUP. I have no problem pinning my nationalist tendancies to the mast. Isnt it about time you done the same with your Unionist preferences?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭maccored

surely youve missed out on unionism? Its what has ruined the north

maccored wrote: »
    Blanch152 - will you please just admit your Unionist beliefs. You are pretending to be irish by insinuating other Irish people arent irish, yet you have the same ideals as anyone in the DUP. I have no problem pinning my nationalist tendancies to the mast. Isnt it about time you done the same with your Unionist preferences?

That's what will be fascinating about a border poll, partitionists and Unionists allying up to oppose it. In order to maintain partition you will have to become a de facto Unionist.
    I ask again, what political party is going to do that?

This guy is clearly a NI unionist no doubt about it, sounds like paisley speaking from beyond the grave.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

How you feel after your party sold out and tried to hide what the Church and FG/FF done to folk years ago?

Every week SF grow cause anybody with any kind of respect seeing what's happened will never vote FF/FG again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭christy c

Every week SF grow cause anybody with any kind of respect seeing what's happened will never vote FF/FG again

Well fhe latest poll showed a large drop in support for under 35s, so that would indicate that they are not growing every week. And I have plenty of respect, and will happily vote for people outside SF while they are led by an idiots like Mary Lou, and Pearse with his economic policies lifted from a lady bird book.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

surely youve missed out on unionism? Its what has ruined the north

Just asking, but is unionism not just another nationalism?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

christy c wrote: »
    Well fhe latest poll showed a large drop in support for under 35s, so that would indicate that they are not growing every week. And I have plenty of respect, and will happily vote for people outside SF while they are led by an idiots like Mary Lou, and Pearse with his economic policies lifted from a lady bird book.

If he's an idiot what does it say of FG that they keep copying his policies and proposals?

smurgen wrote: »
    If he's an idiot what does it say of FG that they keep copying his policies and proposals?

Copying? I didnt see them copying his breathtakingly stupid idea of wanting to spend money held in escrow. Or i didn't see them basing future spending on the demographics looking after themselves.

Copying? I didnt see them copying his breathtakingly stupid idea of wanting to spend money held in escrow. Or i didn't see them basing future spending on the demographics looking after themselves.

Again you simply lie christy. Nobody wanted to 'spend money in escrow' because you cannot legally, physically or in any other way spend money in escrow. That is why it is put in escrow in the first place.

It is actually 'breathtakingly stupid' to keep saying this was the 'plan'.

The plan was to drop Ireland's part in the appeal, leaving it Apple against the EU.

Again you simply lie christy. Nobody wanted to 'spend money in escrow' because you cannot legally, physically or in any other way spend money in escrow. That is why it is put in escrow in the first place.

The plan was to drop Ireland's partner in the appeal, leaving it Apple against the EU.

Lie? Haha, they wanted to get money that was held in escrow, and spend it. And give the two fingers to our corporate tax payers in the process. Absolutely stupid, but lapped up by the fans like yourself.

Lie? Haha, they wanted to get money that was held in escrow, and spend it. And give the two fingers to our corporate tax payers in the process. Absolutely stupid, but lapped up by the fans like yourself.

Did they want to spend money that was held n Escrow christy? NO they did not. You repeatedly lie about that, which isn't a great look to be honest.

Apple knew they were in a much stronger position partnering with Ireland. Would they have had a stronger case if Ireland had sided with the EU...I doubt it.

And there is still the possibility that Ireland and Apple will be overruled. What then?

Did they want to spend money that was held n Escrow christy? NO they did not. You repeatedly lie about that, which isn't a great look to be honest.

Apple knew they were in a much stronger position partnering with Ireland. Would they have had a stronger case if Ireland had sided with the EU...I doubt it.

And there is still the possibility that Ireland and Apple will be overruled. What then?

From RTÉ news report.

"Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald had suggested over the weekend that the state could reach "right this minute" into the escrow account where the funds are being held to pay for further income supports for workers."

You can't argue the points, so you call me a liar, pathetic. Sf wanted to spend the Apple money that was held in escrow. You want to go down a rabbit hole about the methodology of how the money would get out of escrow, but I will not be wasting my Saturday arguing with someone so stupid that they think the demographics will look after themselves.

Thankfully our elected governments appealed the flawed state aid ruling, it's a bonus that SF and their fans look stupid in the process.

Highly unlikely the appeal will be overruled IMO, so nothing to worry about. Just have the "FAIRNESS" soundbites at the ready as I said before.

From RTÉ news report.

"Sinn Féin leader Mary Lou McDonald had suggested over the weekend that the state could reach "right this minute" into the escrow account where the funds are being held to pay for further income supports for workers."

As far as I understand it, the money was awarded to us, WE set up and control the escrow account, (admined by the Central bank)

Had we dropped the appeal, the money could legally have been distributed and spent even if Apple continued it's own appeal.

• Advertisement

You can't argue the points, so you call me a liar, pathetic. Sf wanted to spend the Apple money that was held in escrow. You want to go down a rabbit hole about the methodology of how the money would get out of escrow, but I will not be wasting my Saturday arguing with someone so stupid that they think the demographics will look after themselves.

Thankfully our elected governments appealed the flawed state aid ruling, it's a bonus that SF and their fans look stupid in the process.

Highly unlikely the appeal will be overruled IMO, so nothing to worry about. Just have the "FAIRNESS" soundbites at the ready as I said before.

Fairness in what you claim would be a good start. You cannot spend money in escrow...it needs to come out of escrow first.

Fairness in what you claim would be a good start. You cannot spend money in escrow...it needs to come out of escrow first.

Rabbit hole. The whole concept was completely stupid, and there is no defending that.

As far as I understand it, the money was awarded to us, WE set up and control the escrow account, (admined by the Central bank)

Had we dropped the appeal, the money could legally have been distributed and spent even if Apple continued it's own appeal.

I'm not sure that is so, but either way wouldn't it be, absolutely ridiculous to spend it.
    What would happen if apple won, and they did before?
    But christys claim is correct, SF wanted or at least were presenting a case for spending it.

Rabbit hole. The whole concept was completely stupid, and there is no defending that.

To you maybe.

I'm not sure that is so, but either way wouldn't it be, absolutely ridiculous to spend it.
    What would happen if apple won, and they did before?
    But christys claim is correct, SF wanted or at least were presenting a case for spending it.

If Apple won then our share of it would be owed back to them. WTF?

Christy's claim is sensationalised, NOBODY can spend money in Escrow. If that was what Mary Lou meant (which I don't think she did) then she was wrong too.

BTW: Apple paid the money to us...had they not we would have faced penalty from the EU for not chasing it. WE set up the escrow and control it, not the EU and not Apple.

The Govt are in crisis again and the Sinn Fein thread is busy.

They are relentless

The Govt are in crisis again and the Sinn Fein thread is busy.

They are relentless

Do you realise SF can be stupid without any help from the government? As long as SF have gombeens in top positions this thread will be busy

Do you realise SF can be stupid without any help from the government? As long as SF have gombeens in top positions this thread will be busy

They are not as bad as gombeens running the show at minute, crisis after crisis

The plan was to drop Ireland's part in the appeal, leaving it Apple against the EU.

That is a lie, Pearse Doherty said this:

https://gript.ie/sinn-fein-apple-tax/

"These are resources that could be used to tackle climate change, transform our public services and upgrade our industrial strategy which for too long has prioritised foreign multinationals.

Instead, the Government will mimic the attitude of Boris Johnson towards the EU, all to satisfy the interests of Apple and deny Ireland a windfall in investment."

He wasn't the only one. As recently as 23rd March, Paul Murphy wanted to spend it.

https://www.facebook.com/paulmurphytd/posts/2858269324261456

I don't know why you lie about things that can easily be checked.

• Advertisement

How you feel after your party sold out and tried to hide what the Church and FG/FF done to folk years ago?

Another one who doesn't understand the law on the mothers and baby homes. I have posted in the relevant threads about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement