Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

blanch152 wrote: »
    That is a lie, Pearse Doherty said this:

https://gript.ie/sinn-fein-apple-tax/

"These are resources that could be used to tackle climate change, transform our public services and upgrade our industrial strategy which for too long has prioritised foreign multinationals.

Instead, the Government will mimic the attitude of Boris Johnson towards the EU, all to satisfy the interests of Apple and deny Ireland a windfall in investment."

He wasn't the only one. As recently as 23rd March, Paul Murphy wanted to spend it.

https://www.facebook.com/paulmurphytd/posts/2858269324261456

I don't know why you lie about things that can easily be checked.

Where was my lie?

All I did was correct christy's breathless post about doing something nobody can legally do...'spend money held in escrow'.You can't you need to get it out of escrow first.

We controlled the money as Apple had paid it over. We put it in escrow and we controlled the the escrow account. Pashcal confirmed that in the Dáil.

I NEVER denied they said they wanted to spend it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

As far as I understand it, the money was awarded to us, WE set up and control the escrow account, (admined by the Central bank)

Had we dropped the appeal, the money could legally have been distributed and spent even if Apple continued it's own appeal.

that seems to be the problem right there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

blanch152 wrote: »
    Another one who doesn't understand the law on the mothers and baby homes. I have posted in the relevant threads about it.

I understood the DPC says what they done is illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

All I did was correct christy's breathless post about doing something nobody can legally do...'spend money held in escrow'.You can't you need to get it out of escrow first.

You corrected nothing. There was money held in escrow, that the idiots in SF wanted to spend. But you are too arrogant or stupid to admit the foolishness of that, so you pathetically call me a liar to hide the blushes of SF.

You wanted to argue about the method of how that could be done.

christy c wrote: »
    You corrected nothing. There was money held in escrow, that the idiots in SF wanted to spend. But you are too arrogant or stupid to admit the foolishness of that, so you pathetically call me a liar to hide the blushes of SF.

You wanted to argue about the method of how that could be done.

They, like others, wanted to spend the Apple money. That meant Ireland not partnering with Apple in an appeal. Which would have made Apple's case weaker.

I saw nothing wrong with that.

• Advertisement

I saw nothing wrong with that.

You also saw nothing wrong with the demographics looking after themselves.

Thankfully our government made the right call despite all their other flaws.

You also saw nothing wrong with the demographics looking after themselves.

Thankfully our government made the right call despite all their other flaws.

I never once mentioned an opinion on that christy...you lie again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

https://twitter.com/CullyRads/status/1320081783904522242?s=19

Cork City honouring the IRA. Great to see

.you lie again.

Absolutely pathetic, going in to semantics again. All to deflect/defend the stupidity of Sinn Fein.

Absolutely pathetic, going in to semantics again. All to deflect/defend the stupidity of Sinn Fein.

It's 'semantic' to object to you giving me an opinion I never expressed? Up the yard lad. Please don't do that or you will get called a liar.

• Advertisement

It's 'semantic' to object to you giving me an opinion I never expressed? Up the yard lad. Please don't do that or you will get called a liar.

You said the demographics looking after themselves "remained to be seen". How is that not seeing nothing wrong?

Absolutely pathetic again.

You said the demographics looking after themselves "remained to be seen". How is that not seeing nothing wrong?

Absolutely pathetic again.

That is not an opinion on it. It is the reverse of an opinion...I don't know the answer, therefore t remains to be seen. FG FF Lab all have differing views...I have no opinion on them either and it remains to be seen if they are right.

That I don't know the answer.

Yes, so you saw nothing wrong with it and there was no lie. Pathetic.

Yes, so you saw nothing wrong with it and there was no lie. Pathetic.

I don't know if there is anything wrong with any party's proposals on it...jesus h, christy. I have offered no opinion as it is not something high on my list of priorities.

I don't know if there is anything wrong with any party's proposals on it...jesus h, christy. I have offered no opinion as it is not something high on my list of priorities.

No need to get upset with me because you cannot see the stupidity of the demographics looking after themselves.

No need to get upset with me because you cannot see the stupidity of the demographics looking after themselves.

I challenged you because you are lying about stuff I am supposed to have said. I have no opinion on the pension age policy of any party and haven't expressed one.

I challenged you because you are lying about stuff I am supposed to have said. I have no opinion on the pension age policy of any party and haven't expressed one.

I said you saw nothing wrong, which is true but you are still pathetically saying I am lying. All this to hide the blushes of SF?

I said you saw nothing wrong, which is true but you are still pathetically saying I am lying. All this to hide the blushes of SF?

I see nothing wrong with their fishery policy either because I don't know what it is.

Jaysus h. I am fully prepared to discuss what I know about. Please stop giving me opinions I never expressed.

I see nothing wrong with their fishery policy either because I don't know what it is.

Jaysus h. I am fully prepared to discuss what I know about. Please stop giving me opinions I never expressed.

Why would you comment on their brain dead pension policy if you dont know what it is? My point remains that you see nothing wrong it, and getting frustrated with me will not change that.

Why would you comment on their brain dead pension policy if you dont know what it is? My point remains that you see nothing wrong it, and getting frustrated with me will not change that.

The second part of what I said was 'because I don't know what their pension policy'. I have added to that that I don't know the pension policy of any party, it doesn't factor in to how I vote as fishery or other policies don't.

We get it, you don't like their pension policy...find a party whose pension policy you agree with. Jaysus!

• Advertisement

The second part of what I said was 'because I don't know what their pension policy'. I have added to that that I don't know the pension policy of any party, it doesn't factor in to how I vote as fishery or other policies don't.

We get it, you don't like their pension policy...find a party whose pension policy you agree with. Jaysus!

I will criticise SF's stupid pension, corporate tax and other policies when I please. If you don't know what they are then stay out of it and save us both some time.

I will criticise SF's stupid pension, corporate tax and other policies when I please. If you don't know what they are then stay out of it and save us both some time.

You dragged me into it. Have at it but I think we all know you don't like it.

You dragged me into it. Have at it but I think we all know you don't like it.

Yeah all my fault, pathetic.

Yeah all my fault, pathetic.

Yes christy, when you decided to quote have of what I said as an opinion of SF's pension age policy.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115045958&postcount=3157

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Hqrry113 wrote: »
    No matter what anyone says no one can deny Sinn Fein is one of the greatest parties in the history of Irish politics with Gerry Adams probably being the greatest leader in Irish history.

o Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Yes christy, when you decided to quote have of what I said as an opinion of SF's pension age policy.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115045958&postcount=3157

You brought yourself in to the pension age issue first, go back to where you first mentioned it. You were not "dragged in", or you were lying as you might describe it.

oh is this the approach to take now, is it?

we shall all watch for it in the other govt threads, any chance you pass along to the other three or four?

because there isnt a thread on politics worth following on the board any more with the constant zero-nuance sf attacks

You brought yourself in to the pension age issue first, go back to where you first mentioned it. You were not "dragged in", or you were lying as you might describe it.

I have no opinion on any party's pension age plans christy. When, and if, I do I will discuss it, until then, don't subscribe opinions to me on it.

• Advertisement

I have no opinion on any party's pension age plans christy. When, and if, I do I will discuss it, until then, don't subscribe opinions to me on it.

You commented on it before, and saw nothing wrong with it at the time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement