Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

christy c wrote: »
    You commented on it before, and saw nothing wrong with it at the time.

I discussed it with you and there was a second part to what I said. I saw nothing wrong with it as I don't know much about the issue or what others were proposing. I still don't.
    You fired it in again tonight because you got challenged on the escrow sensationalism you were indulging.

Not repeating myself again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭christy c

You fired it in again tonight because you got challenged on the escrow sensationalism you were indulging.

Not repeating myself again.

Haha, escrow sensationalism. I pointed out the stupidity of gheir "plan". Which looks 10 times as stupid now with hindsight.

I fired it in again to show your pattern of stupidity.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Someone's scared ****less

Someone's scared ****less

Michael knows the only way FF recovers is to take back the votes he has lost to SF.

Interesting that he has done a solo run on the Unity Unit...there were none of the other party's of government with him on the podium with him at the rather sanitised launch in Dublin Castle. Did he freeze them out to be seen as the leader of this project or do they know it is doomed to be an echo chamber and stayed away from it?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

I understood the DPC says what they done is illegal

The DPC has been wrong before, and if she is right, it would mean that the Commission would have to destroy the records to preserve anonymity - that is the point you and others are failing to see.

The Commission promised anonymity. The DPC says people can access records. The law says the Commission can destroy records when making its report. It has to do so if it is to protect its legal obligation to preserve anonymity. New law to transfer the documents to Tulsa and the Department brings time to address the 30 year problem.

• Advertisement

blanch152 wrote: »
    The DPC has been wrong before,

So has the government.

They, like others, wanted to spend the Apple money. That meant Ireland not partnering with Apple in an appeal. Which would have made Apple's case weaker.

I saw nothing wrong with that.

And that was shown to be a really stupid idea once the court ruled.

Pearse was stupid, Paul murphy was stupid, and you are saying you agreed with them, am I getting it right?

That is not an opinion on it. It is the reverse of an opinion...I don't know the answer, therefore t remains to be seen. FG FF Lab all have differing views...I have no opinion on them either and it remains to be seen if they are right.

The experts have told us that there is a pension bomb and the demographics will not look after themselves hence the need to raise the pension age. Are you saying that the experts are wrong?

If you explain why they might be wrong I am willing to listen, so go right ahead.

The experts have told us that there is a pension bomb and the demographics will not look after themselves hence the need to raise the pension age. Are you saying that the experts are wrong?

If you explain why they might be wrong I am willing to listen, so go right ahead.

The experts told us to go to level 5.

I know very little of the pension age issue. I know you as a Green voter will defend the FG position though. Fair play to you.

Pearse was stupid, Paul murphy was stupid, and you are saying you agreed with them, am I getting it right?

If an Irish government had not partnered with Apple to appeal, we would have been fully entitled to do what we wished with our share of the money. Would Apple have won on their own? They probably wouldn't have appealed.

• Advertisement

Stupid? Your tianiste didn't even know what Midnight meant

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Stupid? Your Tánaiste didn't even know what Midnight meant

His head is about to explode in 3 minutes when the clocks go back.

Would Apple have won on their own? They probably wouldn't have appealed.

I have not seen evidence that Apple would not have won on their own. What are you basing your opinion on that they probably wouldn't have appealed?

This sums it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

If an Irish government had not partnered with Apple to appeal, we would have been fully entitled to do what we wished with our share of the money. Would Apple have won on their own? They probably wouldn't have appealed.

Do you think Ireland being involved changed the courts decision? Of course Apple were going to appeal this to the death, it's a massive amount of money!

The last couple of pages showing SF have let you down again Butcher's Boy

Do you think Ireland being involved changed the courts decision? Of course Apple were going to appeal this to the death, it's a massive amount of money!

The last couple of pages showing SF have let you down again Butcher's Boy

I think that is rubbish to be honest. Even downright silly.

Had Ireland put it's hands up and said that it was wrong and had given 'state aid' and gone with what is coming anyway from the EU, it would have been much harder for Apple to win. Stands to reason.

SF had nothing to do with the case BTW, how could they have 'let me down'?

The EU have gone after corporations across the EU, Google, Microsoft, Qualcomm Starbucks etc etc.

I happen to agree with the EU here not any Irish political party. I would rather be with the EU than with a corporation making profits that are many multiples of what Apple were fined here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

https://twitter.com/finegael/status/1320288995876614144?s=21

Couple of home truths for first time SF voters to digest with their porridge.

https://twitter.com/finegael/status/1320288995876614144?s=21

Couple of home truths for first time SF voters to digest with their porridge.

Hahaha that's embarrassing that FG are on twitter again having a go at SF.

They are rattled to the core

They could have added this aswell

https://twitter.com/MarkAgitprop/status/1320307889802805249?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Pretty much as I pointed out earlier Johnny.
    Two faced outfit.

Are you happy with that set of double standards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

They could have added this aswell

https://twitter.com/MarkAgitprop/status/1320307889802805249?s=19

Up in the opinion polls, dude. All good in FG. County hurling now lads.

SF using the border to hide away money. It’s like Arlene and the cash for ash!!

SF wouldn’t know what Republicanism means if it slapped them in the face.

Pretty much as I pointed out earlier Johnny.
    Two faced outfit.

Yeh, sure BoH. I give you the morally upstanding FG party. (until they are caught that is)
    FINE Gael admitted last night that illegal under-the-counter payments to staff continued until 1997 - two years after party leader Michael Noonan claimed they had been stopped.

The party revealed on Friday night that they had made a £111,000 settlement to the Revenue Commissioners in respect of secret cash bonuses paid to staff over nine years.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fg-admits-secret-pay-ran-longer-than-claimed-26086712.html

Yeh, sure BoH. I give you the morally upstanding FG party. (until they are caught that is)

Not as naieve as you Francie, don't swallow your tongue there.

Up in the opinion polls, dude. All good in FG. County hurling now lads.

SF using the border to hide away money. It’s like Arlene and the cash for ash!!

SF wouldn’t know what Republicanism means if it slapped them in the face.

Hiding?

If they were hiding it how would we know? Stay n the real world Johnny.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/fg-admits-secret-pay-ran-longer-than-claimed-26086712.html

Troll the archives like you normally do in response to the question put forward.
    Anything you can do I can do better is whistling away in my mind here.
    Stock response again, so predictable.

Troll the archives like you normally do in response to the question put forward.

Ah...don't like it being brought up BoH? Predictable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Troll the archives? In a Sinn Fein thread:confused:

That story is younger than the GFA, I'll leave you to think about that for a while bish.

Troll the archives. :pac:

McMurphy wrote: »

That story is younger than the GFA, I'll leave you to think about that for a while bish.

You couldn't invent these guys...they must have been at the toilet when self awareness was being handed out. :)

McMurphy wrote: »

Point taken Mc, I do try to keep it as current as possible myself.

• Advertisement

Ah...don't like it being brought up BoH? Predictable.

Don't care really Francie tbh.
    It's not what's in the papers or trending right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement