Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,656 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

The community that gave evidence? The CCTV that wasn't cleared from the whole area?

Ah still arguing semantics. There were very few witnesses at the trial. You know that. They failed to convict because of it.
    Afaik, none of the 71 people who were in the pub actually gave evidence.

They cleaned the area forensically, threatened bar staff, stopped people calling for help or an ambulance and took the CCTV footage from the bar.
    Do agree with this sentence?

That is the view of Robert McCartney's sisters who have fought for justice on this issue, yet here you are fighting the good fight for your IRA friends.
    You failed to demonstrate communities being controlled.

What horse**** is this?
    You self admitted that the communities policed themselves. Who was doing the 'policing' in nationalists areas? The boy Scouts?

Plenty of barstool versions of every political ideology blanch.

I can assure you I never supported the IRA or any of the violence. And misery was inflicted on my own direct family members...so get lost with your flaming.

Why do you lie so much about what you are actually doing?

You 'never' supported the IRA even though you defend their legacy and murderous atrocities to the hilt, with your famous catchphrase, 'it was all wrong', before going down the what about the route of justifying the murder of children.

You continuously argue in bad faith. No one believes a word you are saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

markodaly wrote: »
    Ah still arguing semantics. There were very few witnesses at the trial. You know that. They failed to convict because of it.
    Afaik, none of the 71 people who were in the pub actually gave evidence.

They cleaned the area forensically, threatened bar staff, stopped people calling for help or an ambulance and took the CCTV footage from the bar.
    Do agree with this sentence?

That is the view of Robert McCartney's sisters who have fought for justice on this issue, yet here you are fighting the good fight for your IRA friends.
    They were criminals. It was a horrible murder. I have already agreed that the above was done, after correcting some of your sensationalism.

But it is NOT evidence that SF is controlling communities...please answer that question, BECAUSE that is the question I asked.
    What horse**** is this?
    You self admitted that the communities policed themselves. Who was doing the 'policing' in nationalists areas? The boy Scouts?

During the conflict/war...this is accepted fact. :confused:

The contention was made that SF are still controlling communities...no evidence presented yet.
    Plenty of evidence that criminals control those in their employ and associating with them.

They were criminals. It was a horrible murder. I have already agreed that the above was done,

So, you also admit that they exerted power and control over a group and community regular criminals would not be able to?
    We are talking Mafia level stuff here, like the Camorra in Naples.

During the conflict/war...this is accepted fact. :confused:

So why did SF and the IRA expel and discipline over 10 people after this murder?
    Why did the IRA offer to shot the people involved? Sure, the troubles were over were they not? Yet, they still had guns...? Why didn't the IRA go to the PSNI and make a full truthful statement of what they knew about the situation?
    Plenty of evidence that criminals control those in their employ and associating with them.

It appears that you are making a distinction between SF/IRA and criminals when in fact they are one and the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

They were criminals......

Are you admitting that the IRA were nothing more than common criminals?

• Advertisement

So, you also admit that they exerted power and control over a group and community regular criminals would not be able to?
    We are talking Mafia level stuff here, like the Camorra in Naples.

So why did SF and the IRA expel and discipline over 10 people after this murder?
    Why did the IRA offer to shot the people involved? Sure, the troubles were over were they not? Yet, they still had guns...? Why didn't the IRA go to the PSNI and make a full truthful statement of what they knew about the situation?

Robert McCartney was murdered, it was not 'policing' the community. WTF Mark?

The IRA didn't recognise the police...did you miss that bit about them? Again WTF?

The IRA offered to shoot the killers because it wasn't an act they stood over presumably. Robert McCartney's friend was told by the IRA to tell the truth. WHY the **** would they say that to the principal witness and silence others?

Can you start using some logic here...it would help.

None of this, among a small amount of people proves the theory presented that SF are controlling communities either.

Robert McCartney was murdered, it was not 'policing' the community. WTF Mark?

The IRA didn't recognise the police...did you miss that bit about them? Again WTF?

The IRA offered to shoot the killers because it wasn't an act they stood over presumably. Robert McCartney's friend was told by the IRA to tell the truth. WHY the **** would they say that to the principal witness and silence others?

Can you start using some logic here...it would help.

None of this, among a small amount of people proves the theory presented that SF are controlling communities either.

You only get asked to stand over something that you had some responsibility for.

Your assertion that the IRA wouldn’t stand over the killing only proves their involvement.

blanch152 wrote: »
    You only get asked to stand over something that you had some responsibility for.

Your assertion that the IRA wouldn’t stand over the killing only proves their involvement.

Wha?

Robert McCartney was murdered, it was not 'policing' the community.

He was murdered by criminals who were members of the IRA, none of them were convicted of the crime after the usual fear and intimidation tactics.
    The IRA didn't recognise the police...did you miss that bit about them?

Even in 2005, 7 years after the GFA, with the PSNI in town.
    Yet here you are denying the fact that SF/PIRA had any control over their communities. Wanting your cake and eating it too.
    The IRA offered to shoot the killers because it wasn't an act they stood over presumably.

Why didn't they just go to the police?

Did you miss my comment about the Camora in Naples?

He was murdered by criminals who were members of the IRA, none of them were convicted of the crime after the usual fear and intimidation tactics.

We know this. 3 men were brought before the court, witnesses gave evidence and they were acquitted.
    Most likely because they removed the forensic evidence and there wasn't enough evidence to convict them.

What this has to do with SF controlling communities is beyond me.

These men were criminals. SF said it and the IRA offered to shoot them.

Yet here you are denying the fact that SF/PIRA had any control over their communities. Wanting your cake and eating it too.

YES, even in 2005 and even now there is a distrust of the police. Did you sleep through all of that? The RUC had to be renamed and restructured in disgrace - a sectarian police force engaged in collusion.

I didn't need SF or the IRA to tell me to be wary of the police in Northern Ireland, nobody did. NOBODY or very very few, went to the police from the nationalist community, research what the SDLP had to say about them ffs.

Did you miss my comment about the Camora in Naples?

Yeh, your sensationalism in overdrive again.

• Advertisement

We know this. 3 men were brought before the court, witnesses gave evidence and they were acquitted.
    Most likely because they removed the forensic evidence and there wasn't enough evidence to convict them.

What this has to do with SF controlling communities is beyond me.

Your lack of awareness is outstanding Francie.

These men were criminals. SF said it and the IRA offered to shoot them.

:D:D:D:D

YES, even in 2005 and even now there is a distrust of the police.

So, who was policing these communities in 2005 if it were not the PSNI Francie?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Elisha McCallion has resigned as a senator due to her part in the misappropriation of funds under the small business grant scheme in NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Sinn Fein signed up to supporting the PSNI in 2007.

https://irishamerica.com/2007/04/sinn-fein-endorses-psni/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Your lack of awareness is outstanding Francie.

:D:D:D:D

So, who was policing these communities in 2005 if it were not the PSNI Francie?

Again, do your research here mark. There is a long and frankly justifiable way to go before the police are fully trusted in northern Ireland.

Again, do your research here mark. There is a long and frankly justifiable way to go before the police are fully trusted in northern Ireland.

Why don't you answer my questions?

This is incredible stuff and there will be more to it.

"In a statement, Sinn Féin Elisha McCallion apologised “unreservedly” for her “poor judgement” and revealed the money was only repaid back in full on Tuesday.

“Earlier this year a Small Business Grant was lodged into a joint account of which I am a named signature with my husband,” she said. “I did not apply for nor solicit this money, nor did I receive any correspondence from the department in relation to it,” she said

“I fully accept that as a named signature on the account that I should have taken extra steps to verify this situation, before it was brought to my attention on Tuesday. The money was repaid in full on Tuesday."

This money was lodged to a joint personal account it seems. That is extremely dodgy and requires a much fuller explanation.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/1029/1174707-sinn-fein/

More SF money-grabbing skullduggery.
    The Sinn Féin leader has said Senator Elisha McCallion and two officials in Northern Ireland have resigned after revelations that three party offices incorrectly received payments from a Covid-19 grant scheme

"The money was resting in my account!"

T
    This money was lodged to a joint personal account it seems. That is extremely dodgy and requires a much fuller explanation.

The money just "appeared" in her account, just like how 71 people claimed they were at the toilet when Robert McCartney was murdered.

Paranormal activity, or just the usual SF/IRA goings-on? :pac:

• Advertisement

Why don't you answer my questions?

Not my job to educate you. If you are unaware of ongoing mistrust of the police force in Northern Ireland by the general community, that is your blind side, not mine.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/1029/1174707-sinn-fein/

More SF money-grabbing skullduggery.

"The money was resting in my account!"

This is the second scandal to hit Sinn Fein finances in recent weeks.

SIPO investigating the "inheritance" due to the South which went North, and now pilfering from the State into what looks like personal accounts.

Any idea when Mark Ward might tell us why he needed so many expenses during lockdown.

Not my job to educate you.

So why do you constantly answer my posts?

Just put me on ignore so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

It does
    From the department distributing the money

Nobotty wrote: »
    It does

It was lodged to the account paying the rates. Why was an individual paying the rates for a Sinn Fein-owned building?

Was this declared? As she was a Senator in the South, I am sure she put her interest in that building on her register of interests? Or am I expecting too much from Sinn Fein? Questions, questions?

Nobotty wrote: »
    It does

Who distributed it to nearly 300 accounts in error. Only 70 have paid it back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

So why do you constantly answer my posts?

Just put me on ignore so.

I enjoy educating you when I have the time and inclination. When you keep going down rabbitholes I get bored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Elisha McCallion has resigned as a senator due to her part in the misappropriation of funds under the small business grant scheme in NI.

Can we imaging for a minute if this was FF or FG... Guess what SF would say. They would take to the streets are bring the country to a standstill. Camp out at RTE until they get their air time and hog ever paper going.

Dan.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement