Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The wondrous adventures of Sinn Fein (part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I enjoy educating you when I have the time and inclination. When you keep going down rabbitholes I get bored.

You seem to have the time and inclination about 17 hours a day, Francie. More power to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,972 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You seem to have the time and inclination about 17 hours a day, Francie. More power to you.

Not when I get bored Johnny. Sure gits tedious.

Can we imaging for a minute if this was FF or FG... Guess what SF would say. They would take to the streets are bring the country to a standstill. Camp out at RTE until they get their air time and hog ever paper going.

:):) You do know where the phrase 'resting in my account' came from? :D:D

The proper action was taken here. It's not acceptable to the rest of the party so they resigned.

Not sure what else is required only a proper inquiry into why it happened and why only 70 have repaid the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

:):) You do know where the phrase 'resting in my account' came from? :D:D

The proper action was taken here. It's not acceptable to the rest of the party so they resigned.

Not sure what else is required only a proper inquiry into why it happened and why only 70 have repaid the money.

I think you are right, a proper inquiry into Sinn Fein finances is more than overdue. How they are operating a party building from an individual account is certainly interesting.

Are there other accounts around the place in Sinn Fein where this money is resting?

blanch152 wrote: »
    I think you are right, a proper inquiry into Sinn Fein finances is more than overdue. How they are operating a party building from an individual account is certainly interesting.

Are there other accounts around the place in Sinn Fein where this money is resting?

According to the statement it is in respect of her 'former Westminster office', the other two were paid in to constituency accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Truthvader

Could need the money to pay people who are not members of the party to promote their agenda on various platforms

Three resignations for making off with €30,000 and not paying it back -preceded by a glorious funeral for the man who stole £26 million which was never given back. Odd.

Truthvader wrote: »
    Three resignations for making off with €30,000 and not paying it back -preceded by a glorious funeral for the man who stole £26 million which was never given back. Odd.

Truth being parsimonious with the truth again.
    It was paid back like the 67 others out of 450 approx who received this unsolicited payment in error. That's 380 approx who have 'made off with/not paid back the money.

According to the statement it is in respect of her 'former Westminster office', the other two were paid in to constituency accounts.
    It was paid back like the 67 others out of 450 approx who received this unsolicited payment in error. That's 380 approx who have 'made off with/not paid back the money.

I don't think it is as simple and straightforward as you make out.

We have a situation where a member of the Oireachtas was receiving payments from a foreign government into a bank account outside of this jurisdiction. I can't imagine the bile that would pour forth on these threads if that was Leo or Roderic.

It is then compounded by her resigning her seat so that she escapes being questioned in the Seanad on the issue. Not a good look at all.

It is then further compounded by the party of which she is a member only the previous week asserting that it operates on a 26-county, six-county partitionist basis when it comes to finances, but not in the case of the dear Senator, it seems? Not looking better, is it?

At the very least Mary-Lou needs to come into the Dail and give a full explanation and take questions on the issue.

We have a situation where a member of the Oireachtas was receiving payments from a foreign government into a bank account outside of this jurisdiction. I can't imagine the bile that would pour forth on these threads if that was Leo or Roderic.

It is then compounded by her resigning her seat so that she escapes being questioned in the Seanad on the issue. Not a good look at all.

It is then further compounded by the party of which she is a member only the previous week asserting that it operates on a 26-county, six-county partitionist basis when it comes to finances, but not in the case of the dear Senator, it seems? Not looking better, is it?

At the very least Mary-Lou needs to come into the Dail and give a full explanation and take questions on the issue.

An unsolicited payment made in error (by somebody else) in respect of 'her former Westminster office'.

She was wrong not to repay, she resigned. Not sure what more can be done.

• Advertisement

An unsolicited payment made in error (by somebody else) in respect of 'her former Westminster office'.

Give back the £26 million?????

If indeed you are correct, she would be vindicated, I would be happy to see her re-elected then, don't want people paying a price for others' sins.

All we need to clear it up is for Mary-Lou to come into the Dail, give a full transparent statements and answer any questions into funding for Sinn Fein so that we can all be happy that everything is sweet and light in that regard. I mean, you would ask it of Leo, wouldn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

'Cos this present govt is just so good at going into the Dail, giving full explanations and taking questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Is there a reason that these thief's are not facing charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Like one of them FG ansbacher accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Why? Money was paid into 420 bank accounts by an office overseen by a DUP minister.

When it was discovered down here on Monday the money was returned.

The 3 alleged offenders have walked/resigned.
    What charges are involved?

If indeed you are correct, she would be vindicated, I would be happy to see her re-elected then, don't want people paying a price for others' sins.

All we need to clear it up is for Mary-Lou to come into the Dail, give a full transparent statements and answer any questions into funding for Sinn Fein so that we can all be happy that everything is sweet and light in that regard. I mean, you would ask it of Leo, wouldn't you?

I would ask it of any party leader. And history shows that we would get excuses/obfuscation/denial etc until the truth had to be hounded out of them.
    Contrast to this...issue arises/issues fixed and those responsible resign and party leader immediately gives a full apology and accepts the responsibility.
    Textbook leadership in my book.

Lie lie lie everytime. Why is the lovely Mary Lou saying "the failure to pay back the money" was a serious situation??

But everone good with a £26 million bank robbery. Odd

Maybe Slab and the mob have instructed her to say nothing

Truthvader wrote: »
    Lie lie lie everytime. Why is the lovely Mary Lou saying "the failure to pay back the money" was a serious situation??

This was a lie Truth. (why is 'lie' always next to Truth when I answer you? :))
    Truthvader wrote:
    Three resignations for making off with €30,000 and not paying it back

It was paid back, therefore nobody 'made off' with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

This was a lie Truth. (why is 'lie' always next to Truth when I answer you? :))

It was paid back, therefore nobody 'made off' with anything.

Jesus, even when the party itself admits it was wrong yiz still won't accept it was wrong.
    The faith is strong.
    Tiochaidh ar lá.

• Advertisement

Jesus, even when the party itself admits it was wrong yiz still won't accept it was wrong.
    The faith is strong.
    Tiochaidh ar lá.

What Bish?

I think I have already said it was wrong.

That doesn't mean you can lie about it. Nobody 'made off' with the money if it was paid back.

Meanwhile approx 390 others have still to pay it back.

What Bish?

I think I have already said it was wrong.

That doesn't mean you can lie about it. Nobody 'made off' with the money if it was paid back.

Meanwhile approx 390 others have still to pay it back.

It was paid back only after Nolan investigates exposed it Francie, and it took till Thursday for it to be talked about.
    It was posted here yesterday and today and no one on what I'd call your side commented or acknowledged it until after the actions of SF were announced today. SF made no comment till after the action today.
    That looks and sounds sinister.

It was paid back only after Nolan investigates exposed it Francie, and it took till Thursday for it to be talked about.
    It was posted here yesterday and today and no one on what I'd call your side commented or acknowledged it until after the actions of SF were announced today. SF made no comment till after the action today.
    That looks and sounds sinister.

It of course sounds sinister because it was wrong and those involved resigned.

Still does not make stating 'somebody made off with money' true.

It of course sounds sinister because it was wrong and those involved resigned.

Still does not make stating 'somebody made off with money' true.

Why didn't you say that when it was originally posted?

Why didn't you say that when it was originally posted?

:confused: First I heard of it was today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Will Elisha Mccallion now have to return to her career in the private sector?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,560 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Disgraceful

:confused: First I heard of it was today.

Jaez, Brendan posted about it last evening, on a different thread admittedly, but you don't miss much and the story was in the news North of the border since the Nolan show.
    If it was a FF/FG expose you probably would have seen or acknowledged it quicker?

I welcome today's resignations BTW, it's at least an acknowledgement of accountability.

Jaez, Brendan posted about it last evening, on a different thread admittedly, but you don't miss much and the story was in the news North of the border since the Nolan show.
    If it was a FF/FG expose you probably would have seen or acknowledged it quicker?

Oh I get what cryptic Brendi was at now about Maolisa etc etc.
    Trouble with Brendi's posts is you tend to ignore trying to decypher them when a thread is busy. He'd wear out the patience of a saint betimes.

• Advertisement

I welcome today's resignations BTW, it's at least an acknowledgement of accountability.

I think the stand out thing was the leaders reaction. No equivocation, no excuses and full acceptance.

A few leaders should take note.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement